Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By phidias_barrios

Thread: SoCal Vintage Collectors...Frank and Son worth a 5 hour road trip?

High Admiral

SoCal Vintage Collectors...Frank and Son worth a 5 hour road trip?

Just learned about this place this weekend, curious if this is mostly new junk or if there are some real vintage dealers to be found.
    Thanks
    Chris

Midshipman

No. All new stuff.

Fleet Admiral

There's about 2-3 booths there with a decent amount of vintage. But as it usually is with most live shows, most of the stuff is overpriced compared to eBay. I still like to go there once in a while and browse through the aisles pretending it's the early 1990s when I used to actually buy stuff at a shows/conventions. Lmk if you ever plan to stop by, I can meet you there and treat you to some food from the taco trucks outside the building.
    BruceW likes this.

wow this brings back some memories. I used to drag my girlfriend (now wife) to frank and sons so that she understood who she would eventually marry. 11 years later we are still good and we a 4 year old who plays with my loose vintage stuff and the 3 of us goto Comic Con every year. Frank and sons used to have a little bit of everything but not sure what is has become lately.
    The greatest gift mankind was given is "FREE WILL". The ability to make a choice makes you responsible for your own destiny.

ecl
    Rear Admiral

I'm about 20 minutes away from F&S, and yes it's mostly newer stuff. A few places have vintage, but as others have said here, they're more pricey. There are just too many options elsewhere. But it's fun to browse through there once in a while, if only to just get a dose of what's popular in pop culture collectibles.