Like Tree8Likes
  • 5 Post By Obiwan_Kenevin
  • 3 Post By Obiwan_Kenevin

Thread: Custom 6" Mara Jade Figure

Lieutenant Commander

Custom 6" Mara Jade Figure

I made Mara Jade a few months ago, but I forgot to post her to share with you 'Scummers. Here she is .

Lieutenant Commander

Skullsplitter, IncomT65 and Jimmer like this.

Sub-Lieutenant

Wow, that's mighty impressive! Care to share how it's made? Sculpting on a figure-base?

•    
    VERY cool man. Amazing job.
    You will never be forgotten, For though we are apart
    You are always and forever, Alive within my heart.
    In Loving Memory "Wiener" 1972 - 2010 My wife, my best friend, my soul mate.

Lieutenant Commander

Quote Originally Posted by dibblerr View Post
    Wow, that's mighty impressive! Care to share how it's made? Sculpting on a figure-base?
    Thank you, Dibblerr. Yes, it's sculpting onto an existing Marvel Legends figure, and using or modifying existing parts whenever possible.

Lieutenant Commander

Quote Originally Posted by Skullsplitter View Post
    VERY cool man. Amazing job.

Skullsplitter, thanks man.

Admiral

That is beautiful!!

Killer figure there Obiwan_Kenevin. The paint apps on the eyes are a real eye catcher, as is the hood. Which base figure did you use for her? Hope Summers, perhaps? Although Hope's chest isn't that developed, unless you sculpted that as well

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks Darkart99.

Lieutenant Commander

Quote Originally Posted by IncomT65 View Post
    Killer figure there Obiwan_Kenevin. The paint apps on the eyes are a real eye catcher, as is the hood. Which base figure did you use for her? Hope Summers, perhaps? Although Hope's chest isn't that developed, unless you sculpted that as well
    Thanks, IncomT65. The hood was fun to design. To make it interchangeable with the figure I just keep the hair not glued on to the head. It sits on there snug but not permanently affixed. I guess I could glue a duplicate of the head inside the hood and just make them swappable heads, but I can't quite get the paint on the face to look identical to the first one. Much of the figure is a Madame Masque under the sculpting material, but I did resculpt the chest as well as almost all of the figure. I had to resculpt the body because there is no 6" figure that has Mara Jade's costume details. I did change her proportions when resculpting her torso and legs, but I am thoughtful to not make the proportions look ridiculous. Madame Masque has a back bracer thing or whatever it is sculpted on to her that does look a bit like a similar part of Mara's costume, so I just kept it there.