Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Loose complete figures vs. loose weapons?

Loose complete figures vs. loose weapons?

1I've been buying loose vintage weapons to complete my loose figure collection. I know that loose weapons are rare and come at a premium, but I have found that it is sometimes cheaper to just buy the loose complete figure rather then buy the loose weapon itself....
    I'm looking for vintage weapons and a Wampa MIB!!!!
    Vintage Star Wars Commercials: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1110528/141108

•    
    Yep, a phenomenon that we've witnessed for a few years now.

Ian

No doubt it's very odd, but def what I have experienced in trying to find weapons for some of my childhood figures.

Midshipman

I've noticed that "ebay prices" have quickly become the acceptable norm on many weapons and accessories. It's at the point now that when you buy a complete figure you are paying for the weapon and a figure just happens to come with it.
    Dr_Ball_MD likes this.

I only buy complete figures now. My girlfriend got me a mint Luke Endor with no accessories but I've tracked them all down now. I got a mint Luke with belt and gun (selling on the spare incomplete Luke) and managed to get the poncho on its own.

I wasn't too bothered the first time I was collecting a few years back (had to sell my collection but started again) but now definitely no repro or incomplete.
    Last edited by Dr_Ball_MD; 08-01-2014 at 01:41 PM.

Not to upset anybody but the same rational can be used for a loose, complete figure vs a sealed figure on a beater card...
    "I'm so hardcore, I hate the title "A New Hope" being added!"
    My Feedback

Yesterday I saw a stormtrooper blaster sell for $27 and a stormtrooper with blaster for $25 as a buy it now.
    I'm looking for vintage weapons and a Wampa MIB!!!!
    Vintage Star Wars Commercials: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1110528/141108

Quote Originally Posted by redleader View Post
    Yesterday I saw a stormtrooper blaster sell for $27 and a stormtrooper with blaster for $25 as a buy it now.
    It's crazy. Even on open auction I've had loose common weapons sell for more than a complete near mint figure with the same weapon.

Definitely cheaper to purchase a loose complete figure then just the weapon. Even if you already have the figure you can now choose which one you want to keep and then try to sell the other and make some money back

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by redleader View Post
    That one was probably the solid black example which only came with Luke stormtrooper and a couple of the Droids figures. Most standard trooper blasters will set you back 5-7 dollars from what I have seen. Weapons prices have been increasing lately, but everything vintage seems to be out of hand right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast