Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Star Wars: The Original Marvel Years Omnibus

High Admiral

For us bibliophiles, the fact this is an over-sized hardcover omnibus is enough to sign us up. This collection will be amazing.

The DH "A Long Time Ago" original releases were lacking - whose idiotic decision was it to omit the ROTJ adaptation? As such, they're not complete.

The omnibus editions are what I've got at the moment; I like them very much, but this new hardcover series is very tempting...
    The_Chosen_1 likes this.
    The Death Star plans are NOT in the main computer!

High Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by Ackbars_No1_Fan View Post
    The DH "A Long Time Ago" original releases were lacking - whose idiotic decision was it to omit the ROTJ adaptation? As such, they're not complete.
    Yes, back in 2002/2003 when I first got the DH: ALTA regular TPB releases, I was dissapointed that the excellent 4-issue ROTJ adaptation was missing. I'm guessing this was done for two reasons: A page-count limitation (i.e., they couldn't include this in any of the volumes since it would have made them too large). Also, the rule may have been that they only included the issues that were numbered into the regular Marvel series itself; the ANH & ESB adaptations were part of this series...Conversely, the 4-issue ROTJ adaptation was a 4-issue limited series that was not part of this Marvel series...nitpicking, I know, but that may have been why DH didn't include this...

When the 5-issue DH Marvel Omnibus re-reprints came out circa 2010-2012/2013, they did include the ROTJ adaptation, but I agree this should have been done with the earlier reprints.

From TFAW.. Star Wars Marvel Yrs Omnibus HC Vol. 01 Hildebrandt Dm Variant Ed
    If youre saying that coming here was a bad idea, Im starting to agree with you.

High Admiral

Interesting. But, the above is not the Hildebrandt Bros. ANH artwork that I had expected to see. The artwork in the above is a variation of the cover to Marvel Star Wars #1 (1977).

Here is a link to the Hildebrandt ANH poster art:

Tim Hildebrandt - Posterwire.com

^
    Yes. That's the art I also was semi-expecting to see.. but I don't mind the variation of Chaykin's original #1 here.. The pic provided above comes from TFAW listed as the Hildebrant version, but I personally cannot say for certain that this is the actual version to be released. To be honest, looks like the standard retail version.
    If youre saying that coming here was a bad idea, Im starting to agree with you.

High Admiral

That's the regular Chaykin cover.

Hey this is perfect. I never picked up any of the other volumes and a hard cover will look nice.
    Wish List: Klaatu, Vedain, Velken, Barada, Yotts Orren, Weequay (sail barge), Saelt-Marae, Tessek, Geezum, Fozec, Lobot, Bib Fortuna, Merc Pilot, Gailid.

High Admiral

My friend who is a manager at a comic shop thought it was odd that they didn't show pics of the Hildebrandt cover. They will probably show a pic in an upcoming issue of Previews.

I'm still having trouble finding out how and who to ask if this will contain any reprints of the letters column. I think that would be fantastic myself. Anyone know how to inquire through official Marvel channels?
    "Through us, the cosmos gazes on itself, adores itself, breaks its own heart. Through us, matter stares slack-jawed at its own star-dusted countenance and knows, incredulously, that it knows." - Alan Moore

Quote Originally Posted by sinkie View Post
    I'm still having trouble finding out how and who to ask if this will contain any reprints of the letters column. I think that would be fantastic myself. Anyone know how to inquire through official Marvel channels?
    Do Marvel usually re-produce the letter pages in their omnibus collections? I guess that'd be the first thing to find out.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast