Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: G.I. Joe 3 Discussion

G.I. Joe 3 Discussion

Hisstank reported on pics of a promo poster for Joe 3.

With the small (so far) 50th anniversary offerings and Sideshow taking a joe nap, does this mean another meager semi-failed toy line in he near future?

One way or another, Retaliation wasn't exactly horrible, so at least there will be a campy, action-packed flick with some oddball stars in it.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it. ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
    "What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

They should reboot the franchise, the last two outings werent good movies based on GI JOE A Real American Hero.
    doubledown and John_Solo like this.

Nope. It's not too much to ask, but with a title like that it won't be a reboot.

Frustrating.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it. ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
    "What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Generally I'm not a fan of reboots at all or unneeded remakes like whats in vogue now, but GI JOE movies were overall very bad, and the continuity is still based on "Rise of Cobra" & the "Retaliation" continuity wasn't any better and they made their own crap.

That said, i want them to release the unreleased Red Mountain Ninja seen on the back of the boxes, the more movie accurate Red Ninja. However GI JOE and the toyline am beginning to abandon now, figures are too hard to get and you need to go scalper prices for internet and con sets which arent easy nor pocket friendly to army build.
    Last edited by Vorax; 06-17-2014 at 08:41 PM.

Well, it certainly can't be worse than the first two. Or can it?
    Trade Feedback for John_Solo
    Formerly "TheRealDub"

I sure hope not. Granted 2 felt better done, in some instances. But it wasn't exactly a lot better. Getting rid of Scarlett wasn't a good move, IMO.
    The Rock was fine as Roadblock, but didn't much care for the girl who portrayed Lady Jaye or the guy who played Flint. Didn't strike me as the characters I've known for years.
    Of course I never cared for Tatum for Duke either, so I guess these movies aren't really aimed at me...
    Looking for: MU Northstar. Falcon from CA2. Have: MU Captain America, Grim Reaper, Hyperion, WW Hulk.

Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

I don't think it's anything to get too excited about just yet. I'm sure it will happen, but wasn't that revealed at some sort of investor meeting? Announcing that you've got a movie on the way is just good PR to your shareholders. Doesn't mean anything is concrete.

Something to get excited about is if it was announced as a reboot.
    -Your friendly neighborhood Stormtrooper Would like to trade 90s comic cards. Please PM me if you have any. I will be adding a list to my BST thread when I am done going through them all, finding what I'm missing, and finding what I have to trade.
    Looking to buy my first Sideshow figure. Help me out why don't ya? B/S/T Thread

I still haven't seen the first two because the previews looked so bad. The problem is that I don't like the vision of GI Joe in these films. I liked how Resolute modernized it while staying true to the original spirit but with ROC they went overboard with the power suits and cyber ninjas and such.
    Wish List: Klaatu, Vedain, Velken, Barada, Yotts Orren, Weequay (sail barge), Saelt-Marae, Tessek, Geezum, Fozec, Lobot, Bib Fortuna, Merc Pilot, Gailid.

They should base the movie on GI Joe Extreme! from the Mid 1990s

IDK, never cared for Extreme myself. IMO, the problem they made with the movies is that they resemble a Military Spec-Ops Force a little too much. The reason I liked the TV Show was because they all had very unique outfits. Especially considering they were a secret organization, and should blend in with average people.

I'm just curious what character they're going to ruin next.
    Looking for: MU Northstar. Falcon from CA2. Have: MU Captain America, Grim Reaper, Hyperion, WW Hulk.

Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast