Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Boba Fett T.T. Opinion

Lieutenant Commander

Boba Fett T.T. Opinion

I was looking at this Boba Fett ROTJ 45C back figure and from what I understand this cardback is one of the more prevalent Toy Toni fakes out there. I've spent the last two days going thru forums, studying the Mr. Palitoys Cardback guide, looking at examples and just trying to do as much research as I could. After doing all that I just wanted to get some opinions and thoughts if possible. Thanks.

I'd like to hear what Mr. Palitoy has to say, but my understanding is that ALL trilogo fetts on palitoy cards (at least, 45 backs) are TTs.
    Itfciain and Darth_Sith_Lord like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonk View Post
    I'd like to hear what Mr. Palitoy has to say, but my understanding is that ALL trilogo fetts on palitoy cards (at least, 45 backs) are TTs.
    The cardback guide focuses on bubbles, and the narrow short fitting double stem bubble which boba has to sit in sideways on is a Toni.

The guide also says that trilogo fetts on 45 back ROTJ cards are all down to Toni. I haven't seen a trilogo fett on a genuine card and it explains why the much later trilogo figures are found on this card.

I would continue to use the bubble as the primary tell for this figure/card combo.

cheers Jason
    Want Palitoy ESB 45A Back (Blue Circle Offer) 2-1B MOC and Palitoy ESB 30B cardbacks for first 12 figures

Mr Palitoy's Cardback Guide
    http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_palitoy View Post
    The cardback guide focuses on bubbles, and the narrow short fitting double stem bubble which boba has to sit in sideways on is a Toni.

The guide also says that trilogo fetts on 45 back ROTJ cards are all down to Toni. I haven't seen a trilogo fett on a genuine card and it explains why the much later trilogo figures are found on this card.

I would continue to use the bubble as the primary tell for this figure/card combo.

cheers Jason

Hey Jase....

my suspicious TT Fett isn't the double-stem.....but it is a Palitoy 45.....so is it still a later,non-factory assembled model???

it has the(ROTJ1) on the back(which I believe is also a tell...)

Darren
    Okay.Fine.You win.
    Now I'm going to enjoy my life while you are buried under a pile of plastic and cardboard.
    Big Barada

I haven't seen a trilogo fett on a genuine card....
    Does this include 65 backs, or are you only talking about 45 backs here? I ask this because there are 65-back palitoy's with trilogo fetts on them floating around.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonk View Post
    Does this include 65 backs, or are you only talking about 45 backs here? I ask this because there are 65-back palitoy's with trilogo fetts on them floating around.
    Just 45 backs. Toni didn't have any 65 back boba fett cards as far as we're aware so trilogo fetts on those 65 back cards are ok. Might be worth looking at the bubbles on some of those if you have an example.

Jason
    Want Palitoy ESB 45A Back (Blue Circle Offer) 2-1B MOC and Palitoy ESB 30B cardbacks for first 12 figures

Quote Originally Posted by _Darren_ View Post
    Hey Jase....

my suspicious TT Fett isn't the double-stem.....but it is a Palitoy 45.....so is it still a later,non-factory assembled model???

it has the(ROTJ1) on the back(which I believe is also a tell...)

Darren
    All cards have the (ROTJ1) on the back both genuine and Toni's so this is not a tell. Toni used the narrow short double stem bubble and wide rectangular bubble on the 45 back. Look at my guide or post up a picture if you are in doubt.

cheers Jason

•    
    All cards have the (ROTJ1) on the back both genuine and Toni's so this is not a tell. Toni used the narrow short double stem bubble and wide rectangular bubble on the 45 back. Look at my guide or post up a picture if you are in doubt.

cheers Jason
    seems its just the rectangular bubble,then Jason....ah well...

Darren
    Okay.Fine.You win.
    Now I'm going to enjoy my life while you are buried under a pile of plastic and cardboard.
    Big Barada

What do you think about this Fett? The bubble seams larger than what TT is said to have used. Fett seams to have plenty of headroom.

cheers Jason
    WTB: MOC or AFA Boba Fett ESB 31 back, ESB 41 back, ESB 45 back, ESB 47 back, ROTJ Tri logo.

10. Thanks from: LandoSkiff

•    
    The bubble looks like one of the fresh, later-applied ones. Nothing is 100 percent definitive, but the market on all of these have nose-dived anyway so might be best to part with him...
    jimmii and rusVan like this.
    MY REVOLVING SALES THREAD: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1105157/
    100 PERCENT FEEDBACK:
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1105602/
    ***I PAY TOP DOLLAR FOR STAR WARS ITEMS AND COLLECTIONS***

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast