Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 53
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: So, what should the opening starship scene be in VII

  1. #1
    Fleet Admiral HunterIG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001

    So, what should the opening starship scene be in VII

    I kind of want to see a burning star destroyer being chased by the Alliance, but that would have to be more of a flashback thing. Flashbacks have been a no-no in Star Wars.

    Maybe the falcon? It seems a little in your face with pandering tho.

    I dunno.

  2. #2
    Emperor
    Join Date
    Apr 2005

    Since so many people seem to expect the Empire to be a big thing still, I kinda wanna see a Star Destroyer being chased--not by Alliance/Republic, but by a new threat, and the SD is not a "captured" vessel but an old relic belonging to the small independent Imperial state that is now allied with the new Republic and is ferrying a Jedi, perhaps one of the new main characters, on some mission when they attacked by the new menace. So, the ANH opening scene, but with the SD being the fleeing ship (and not over Tatooine, either!)

  3. #3
    Emperor's Hand TK_842's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    France

    Falcon seems too abvious but would be a cool starting point to this new trilogy. A New Republic ship with Leia onboard arriving on a planet for some sort of diplomatic mission would be great too.

  4. #4
    Fleet Admiral HunterIG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001

    Quote Originally Posted by Toonimator View Post
    Since so many people seem to expect the Empire to be a big thing still, I kinda wanna see a Star Destroyer being chased--not by Alliance/Republic, but by a new threat, and the SD is not a "captured" vessel but an old relic belonging to the small independent Imperial state that is now allied with the new Republic and is ferrying a Jedi, perhaps one of the new main characters, on some mission when they attacked by the new menace. So, the ANH opening scene, but with the SD being the fleeing ship (and not over Tatooine, either!)
    Chased by pirates!

    I'm imagining a scene where someone cloaked in black is calmly looking out the SD bridge while being fired on. The captain is running around giving orders. He rushes up to the cloaked figure and urgently says "My lord, systems are failing. We can not hold out much longer. You must get to an escape pod!" Then the cloaked figure turns and reveals himself to be...Luke of course.

  5. #5
    Fleet Admiral Co_Jo_Dai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009

    I'd be happy with a completely new ship, setting up this new era for the films.

  6. #6
    High Admiral GAdmiralThrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    SE USA

    I'd like to see Slave 1 being chased by a New Republic Frigate. Boba would escape of course.
    A powerful Sith you will become. Henceforth, you shall be known as Darth Vader.

  7. #7
    Fleet Admiral DarkUnderpants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    a wretched hive of scum and villiany...aka NJ

    Quote Originally Posted by HunterIG View Post
    Chased by pirates!

    I'm imagining a scene where someone cloaked in black is calmly looking out the SD bridge while being fired on. The captain is running around giving orders. He rushes up to the cloaked figure and urgently says "My lord, systems are failing. We can not hold out much longer. You must get to an escape pod!" Then the cloaked figure turns and reveals himself to be...Luke of course.
    No, it's Dark Helmet... he lives and his Schwartz is longer than ever..
    The dark side of my Force has two moons

  8. #8
    Rear Admiral
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Rochester, Indiana

    We see a lone old Naboo Starfighter approaching a planet. We get a close up of the pilot, who turns towards us and exclaims " MEESA BACK"! I then set down my Coke and popcorn and walk out of the theatre.

  9. #9
    High Admiral Kenner76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Minnesota

    Quote Originally Posted by GAdmiralThrawn View Post
    I'd like to see Slave 1 being chased by a New Republic Frigate. Boba would escape of course.
    Sorry, but I believe Boba died I the Pit of Carkoon in Jedi (since the EU is not canon anymore). He was a great character, but I hope he stays dead along with Vader, the Emperor, and the poor Ewok that got blasted on Endor.............
    Last edited by Kenner76; 05-15-2014 at 04:06 PM.
    Wanted: Jawa 12 back or 20 back proofs, pre-production Boushh, textured cape Leia, and anything Jessica Meade. I'm also looking for 1st shots of the "First 20". I have cash and many great trade items!
    My Feedback:http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1070625/

  10. #10
    Emperor's Hand Chewbacca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002

    Ewok Star Destroyer
    tanksmasher and Julythrunov like this.
    "The truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." -Ben Kenobi
    If Disney truly wants "Rebels" to succeed, it will put the show on basic cable. I will not pay extra on an already high monthly cable bill to watch one show on one network.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •