Thread: Price Check: loose Vinyl Cape Jawa AFA 85 and loose DT Luke AFA 85

Lieutenant Commander

Price Check: loose Vinyl Cape Jawa AFA 85 and loose DT Luke AFA 85

Hello,

Does anyone know a good and accurate going price for these two items? eBay seems to be all over the place on both and the best offer feature has made it hard to ascertain what price is fair. Any assistance is appreciated.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

'mintcollector'

just check ended auctions and use filter 'sold items '? i think the jawa would be 800-1200. luke maybe 200 more?

My Feedback

Holy Grail

I agree with Bluestars on the Jawa. The Luke DT afa 85 I would have to say would be between $850 - $1200. It really depends on who is bidding in that market at that time, as more competition generally means higher bids. Afa 80's can even fall into the low end of that range.

Another factor is the type of DT Saber as the circles variant would generally be at the high end of that estimate.
    Loved watching Empire with my twin daughters at the age of 3...funny how much they understand the movie when one yells "No no no that not him daddy!"

Between $800-$1000 for the VC Jawa and $1000-$1200 for the DT Luke. You definitely see more 85 Jawa's than 85 DT Luke's.

Quote Originally Posted by mintcollector View Post
    eBay seems to be all over the place on both and the best offer feature has made it hard to ascertain what price is fair. Any assistance is appreciated.

Thank you!
    There is a way to see the amount a 'Best Offer Accepted' actually sold for. Just click on the original listing and then click on Ebays 'print' in the lower right of the screen. Bingo!

Try it with this one: Rare! Vintage Kenner Star Wars Jawa Vinyl Cape - AFA 90 Mint! COA | eBay

Here's another easy way to get best offer prices:
    eBay's Most Watched/Popular Items and Auctions [USA] + How Many Watchers - WatchCount.com℠

Just put the item number in the search field and voila. For the item in the post above mine:
    Sold For (USD): $ 2,199.00(confirm this price here on eBay) [History]

Regarding prices, AFA85 Jawas have been going for ~$1000 recently. DT Lukes have been going for $850-1200. All in all, the prices have been about equal.

Lieutenant Commander

Thank you for all the replies. I don't trust ebay's completed auction function too much as a lot of items are 'shill' bid to make it seem the price of the item should sell for more than it really is. There are a lot of dealer controlled markets in which sellers actually bid up their own items or those of other dealers to show a high completed sale price.

This has been known to happen in the video game collecting world and of course a lot of other collecting fields as well.

Kind Regards,

mint