Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Luke's Room

Midshipman

Luke's Room

Hello everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster! I thought you guys might like to see a small diorama I recently completed. I've wanted to put together a diorama of Luke's room ever since I saw the cutaway illustration of the Lars Homestead in the Dorling Kindersley 'Complete Star Wars Locations' book. It showed a room marked as 'Luke Skywalker's Sleeping Loft'. Unfortunately, the picture was very small and, even worse, right in the fold of the book! However, I used what I could make out, along with bits of Anakin's room in 'The Phantom Menace', Ben's Hut in 'A New Hope', and a bit of imagination as inspiration.
    In fact, there are several bits and pieces in Luke's room that he inherited from his father, whether he knows it or not. I worked on the assumption that Shmi Skywalker brought them with her when she married Cliegg Lars. It seemed reasonable, given that Annakin took very little with him when he left.
    I don't normally make permanent displays as I don't have the space - I have lots of individual pieces that I can put together to represent Mos Eisley, Echo Base and the Death Star so I can take photos but I break them down afterwards and put them back into storage. Because this is fairly small, I made an exception.

Sorry. I can't get the pictures to show up. If anyone wants to see them, they're in the Member Galleries, under 'darrenr'.

Mod's - feel free to delete this thread!
    Last edited by darrenr; 05-04-2014 at 12:36 PM.
    my_kind_of_scum likes this.

Commodore

Hey! It worked! Looks good!
    Last edited by Deathspawn9000; 05-05-2014 at 05:06 PM.

Lieutenant

•    
    Hi Darren,
    You managed to capture all of us in this dio with the dreamy Luke, when we were young ourselves and having our minds wander in galaxy's, far, far away and a long time ago...
    Very nicely put together. Would love to see more of your work.
    Cheers,
    Walter
    Do or not do - there is no try.
    Here you can find ALL my Lord of the Rings customs: http://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=92060

Simply the idea of making this, made this the most interesting Tatooine-related diorama in a long time, IMO.
    Great job!

What a great idea for a diorama; nicely done!

First time I've ever seen someone tackle this as a dio and you did an amazing job! Your attention to detail is fantastic. Kudos on this one, mate!
    Hasbro, hear my plea for the Rickshaw Droid!
    Current top five most wanted: rickshaw droid, Kalyn farnmir, veedaaz awmeth, toonbuck toora, mosep.
    My feedback thread: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t858622/

Love it! Great photography too!
    Please read my version of the Star Wars prequels and let me know what you think!

Check out the Rebelscum Custom Dioramas Index!

Midshipman

Thanks everyone! You've all said some very nice things and I'm very flattered!
    Special thanks to you, Deathspawn9000, for putting the pictures up. I'll be honest, I was so embarrassed at my inability to post them that I haven't been here for a week and I only came today to see if the thread had been deleted!

Daigo_Bah - I'm a big fan of your work, as I know everybody here is, so a compliment from you is enormously gratifying!

Am I allowed to mention that a lot of my stuff can be found on Flickr? If that's OK, you can find me under darrenr2011 (not very imaginative, I know, but I've never been very good at picking cool user names!)

Commodore

No prob! Everything is new to everybody once!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast