Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By DarthSmittyous

Thread: My Star Wars Suite

My Star Wars Suite

I have wanted to take some pictures of my office/Star Wars room for quite a while. It originally had boxes stacked all over the place from where I moved into my wife’s house after we got married about a year and a half ago. The boxes were full of my Star Wars collection (primarily modern), and the room looked like a cluttered mess. We did not want to get a storage unit, and I did not want to simply get rid of my stuff, so I just dealt with the mess even though I could not really enjoy having anything on display.

In July of last year, my wife and I found out that she was pregnant. Our house is not big, so something had to give. We decided to make the guest room into the nursery, and my wife was going to let me keep the other bedroom for my office. As the months went by, we started getting the house ready for the baby. We ended up getting a storage unit, and that is where the majority of my boxes went. As we were getting ready to move furniture to the storage unit, I suggested that we put the guest bed in my office after rearranging it some. It just was not realistic to completely lose a guest bedroom. I now jokingly refer to the guest room/office as the “Star Wars suite.”
    Our daughter was born a couple of weeks ago, and I knew that we would have family coming in from out of town. That forced me to make the room more usable. I could not be happier with the result. With the majority of my collection in storage, I was able to display things much better.

I decided to make the focus my small vintage and Gentle Giant collection. My movie posters are something else I love having displayed. I just wish I had more wall space for the ROTJ poster.
    We will likely buy a larger house next year. My wife is ok with my desire to have a much larger room (preferably in a basement) for my office and collection. However, for now, I am happy with my setup. I just have to be patient and bide my time until I can teach my daughter the ways of the Force… well at least to do my best to turn her into a fellow Star Wars fan!

Hope you enjoy the pics.

coachvader and CptEks like this.

HWR

Nice collection and room. You have displayed you collection really well and used the space good.

Congrats to you and your wife on the newborn daughter.

High Admiral

Nice collection and well displayed. I especially like the vintage carded displayed with the busts, well done.
    Always looking for Yoda, Biker Scout, Stormtrooper, Gamorrean Guard and Yak Face items. Especially prototypes and carded figures.

Midshipman

Very nice set up. I like the floating wall shelves right above the desk.

Ensign

Very nice! Your artwork and posters are sweet. And congrats on the baby! Hope you are getting some sleep

I like the way you use the shelving to display the vintage MOC figures.

Congratulations on the new baby! Hope you both get to share the magic of Star Wars together as time goes on!
    "A Death Mark's Not An Easy Thing To Live With"

Nice collection and set up
    -Rich
    Feedback Thread: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1100288/
    My Collection: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1107391/
    "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid."