Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Sources other than eBay?

Lieutenant Commander MichaelSVX's Avatar

Sources other than eBay?

I'm hoping to get some tips on where to find great deals. Other than online stores, where can vintage stuff be found. I tried the flea market with little success. Any tips would be a huge help. I keep seeing people on Facebook who pick up amazing finds for next to nothing, i'd just like to broaden my search a little

BST sections on forums is excellent source also!
    You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long.
    мыслете наш он покой

Quote Originally Posted by PROVOST View Post
    BST sections on forums is excellent source also!
    What is BST?

Oh sorry......

Buy Sell Trade.
    You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long.
    мыслете наш он покой

Quote Originally Posted by PROVOST View Post
    Oh sorry......

Buy Sell Trade.
    That's a given since we're here already

I tried hitting up friends and family to almost no avail, maybe one lead I was hoping to find some links to sites other than ebay. or maybe some stories of local finds some have had luck with. I hear a lot of "Oh I had those, but they were tossed out years ago"

•    
    I don't buy most of the 'lucky scores' on Facebook. In my experience it's always 'but it's Star Wars so it must be worth a mint'
    1 - 0 to the Arsenal!
    my feedback thread which someone may add to one day http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1099686/

You could try putting a "Vintage Star Wars Toys wanted" add on Craigslist, in your local newspaper, or on a bulletin board at your local comic shop. I'd also try flee markets, garage sales, and estate sales. It's not going to be easy, but with a lot of work and a little luck you might find an awesome score! Good luck and let us know how it goes.....
    Wanted: Jawa proofs, pre-production Boushh items,First shots of the "1st 12", and anything Jessica Meade.
    I have cash and many great trade items!

My Feedback: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1070625/

Quote Originally Posted by Kenner76 View Post
    You could try putting a "Vintage Star Wars Toys wanted" add on Craigslist, in your local newspaper, or on a bulletin board at your local comic shop. I'd also try flee markets, garage sales, and estate sales. It's not going to be easy, but with a lot of work and a little luck you might find an awesome score! Good luck and let us know how it goes.....
    Thanks for the Luck. I thought about craiglist but there is already a lot of competition Guess I'll have to try Estate sales. The people at flea markets seem to think they are sitting on gold. Beaters for $5, Your weapons, you will not need them.
    Rogue82 likes this.

I've just started vintage collecting again, bought myself a nice minty first 21 on here. I'm trying to avoid ebay and use this site and Star Wars Forum UK.
    madmartigan likes this.

I always see people posting pictures of the craziest finds, with captions like "I just found this at the local flea market for 5 bucks!". I go flea marketing every weekend when the weather is nice and the best I've ever snagged was a dirty Stormtrooper for a dollar. Must be nice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast