Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: A growing trend

Midshipman

A growing trend

I've noticed a growing trend here of people making additional profit on PayPal fees. For everyone here that doesn't know PayPal fees are 2.9% of the total plus .30 cents for the transaction. Don't be cheated out of any of your money by letting people charge you extra in fees and if you send as a gift you loose your ability to file a claim if you don't receive your item.

•    
    PayPal fees vary between countries.

Also it's the sellers prerogative to state their payment terms which may include a choice of either payment by PayPal gift or buyer pays fees. If the buyer doesn't like it they don't need to purchase from that seller

Also I wouldn't call it a growing trend. Ok I haven't been around that long but its been that way for as long as I've been collecting.
    Vintage_City likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tk0084 View Post
    I've noticed a growing trend here of people making additional profit on PayPal fees. For everyone here that doesn't know PayPal fees are 2.9% of the total plus .30 cents for the transaction. Don't be cheated out of any of your money by letting people charge you extra in fees and if you send as a gift you loose your ability to file a claim if you don't receive your item.
    I wouldn't call it profit. 2.9% is the standard fee from a US to US but to another country it's more like 4%. People sell here to help other collectors. There's no big business here selling on the boards so if they're offering items for a big% discount and disclose the terms upfront then what's the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by CraigMac View Post
    I wouldn't call it profit. 2.9% is the standard fee from a US to US but to another country it's more like 4%. People sell here to help other collectors. There's no big business here selling on the boards so if they're offering items for a big% discount and disclose the terms upfront then what's the issue?
    I agree with Craig completely - as I often do. I charge only 3% and have lost some money not realized that it is 4% to some foreign countries. If someone wants to charge 4% to be safe, I don't see anything wrong with that.

Ross

I don't want to offend,
    but $1 in every $100 is nothing to cry about.
    Its not really a profit.

A growing trend? I don't think so

Most sellers on here always charge 4%, it covers the buyer if something does go wrong and as has been mentioned before selling to other countries is around the 4% margin. Seems a small price to pay for total piece of mind. If you don't like the sellers terms and conditions - don't buy simple. There is always evil bay
    SABRESEDGE and Lemcool like this.

I would rather pay 4% and know my item is 100% legit vintage.......not to mention an actual FS ad as opposed to having to fish through ads and do a background check on an ebay name. The extra 1% is not that big of a deal to me personally.

EDIT- 1% because I normally only buy from US sellers
    Last edited by ELiiTEFORCE; 03-31-2014 at 07:49 AM.
    WTB - EWOKS AND DROIDS LOOSE FIGURES
    My Feedback - http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1081250/#post18811630

•    
    I was curious about the 4 percent too...so it's 2.9 percent plus 30 cents? Is this correct?
    MY REVOLVING SALES THREAD: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1105157/
    100 PERCENT FEEDBACK:
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1105602/
    ***I PAY TOP DOLLAR FOR STAR WARS ITEMS AND COLLECTIONS***

Line Captain

BTW I'm sure almost everyone knows but just in case, you can fund your PP payment (even a gift) using a credit card. PP might not cover you if you get ripped off but the credit card company will.

Quote Originally Posted by BobaFett34 View Post
    I was curious about the 4 percent too...so it's 2.9 percent plus 30 cents? Is this correct?
    Only if it's a US buyer paying a US seller. The fees for International goes up to 3.9%.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast