Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Production Platform 3 store update

Admiral

Production Platform 3 store update

Just updated the store! SEVEN new products ready for you to buy, from cantina tables to cargo boxes to yes figure heads! Remember this month's special exclusive freebies with a $100 purchase. Today's new arrivals count towards that purchase! Visit productionplatform3.ecrater.com and check out the newest additions now!

You have until midnight as the calender changes from March to April to pick up your FREE pre-colored Cargo Bay Starter Set (uncolored set sells for $18.50)! Just place an order through the storefront of at least $100 and you will receive a FREE set like the following! (No choice of colors, colors selected randomly and guaranteed to not make a matched set!)

Follow us on Facebook at - https://www.facebook.com/ProductionPlatform3
    Shop our store online at - productionplatform3

I am absolutely thrilled to see the recast cantina tables; I have to finish paying off my Bill Me Later purchase, then I'm getting some of those!
    CustomJedi and DocOutlands like this.
    Please read my version of the Star Wars prequels and let me know what you think!

Check out the Rebelscum Custom Dioramas Index!

Admiral

Just say the word and our droids will swing into action! Hopefully, we'll have more things ready by then that will entice a few more credits out of your fingers.
    Daigo_Bah likes this.

Admiral

Are. You. READY???

I give you a Production Platform 3 EXCLUSIVE head-sculpt, by noted sculptor Christopher Herman - the

V E R P I N E ! ! !

The Geonosian was apparently modeled rather closely on the EU Verpine. And now, you can build the builders of the B-Wing fighter and genius mechanics of the Rebellion for your very own!

This head comes in 3 pieces - the main skull and the two antennae, so a modicum of assembly is required. Also, depending on the body you opt to use, you may have to enlarge the socket to fit the neck-ball.

(This head-cast will be listed in the store very soon!)

Doc, I'm much closer to getting some cantina tables from you (may have to do 2-3 at a time), and I just wanted to make sure a couple things: being recast, I imagine they snap together the same way as the original? Does the cast keep the perfectly cylindrical shape of the original? And lastly, I plan on drilling a hole in the top for a X-mas light like in my original- have you ever drilled into the casted material to see if it works without crumbling by any chance? Sorry for all the questions, I just want to replace my oversized and inaccurate detailed tables seen below, with yours!

Last edited by Daigo_Bah; 04-17-2014 at 11:09 AM.
    Please read my version of the Star Wars prequels and let me know what you think!

Admiral

being recast, I imagine they snap together the same way as the original?

Yes they do.

Does the cast keep the perfectly cylindrical shape of the original?

Usually, yes. If we rush them when we demold, they can warp. We try to make sure those never leave the Platform, though.

And lastly, I plan on drilling a hole in the top for a X-mas light like in my original- have you ever drilled into the casted material to see if it works without crumbling by any chance?

I routinely Dremel out holes for neck-b/a/l/l/s with no issue at all. I'll have a go at a scrap table-top and let you know, with pics.
    Last edited by DocOutlands; 04-17-2014 at 01:04 PM. Reason: b-a-l-l-s got censored??

Admiral

Looks to work a treat if you have a steady hand and a drill-bit the size of your light. It made a lot of dust, as expected, but that's all - as expected.

Have a look!!

8. Thanks from: Daigo_Bah

Thanks for taking the time to do that! Looks great!

I'd be thrilled if someone was to create custom floating Senate Platforms. Wouldn't have to be in scale with the figures, as long as it fit 2-3 on them.

Then again, it'd probably require one full print-out, followed by moldmaking and hollow casting. Probably quite expensive.

By the way, I think I found a "large power box" at the back of the bar (to Wuher's right next to the distillery)- what do you think, Doc?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast