Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By oneknightr

Thread: PLEASE READ: Rules For Buying, Selling or Trading LEGO

•    

PLEASE READ: Rules For Buying, Selling or Trading LEGO

General Rules

- Members may only offer to sell Star Wars items they own, not for a friend.

- Postings must include a Star Wars item.

- No auctioning is permitted. That means you cannot make a post stating that you will take offers and sell the item to the highest bidder.

- You may not use the forum to promote or advertise auctions.

- You may include a link to a picture of the item or items for sale, but all relevant information, such as a description of the item and the price, must be included in your post.

- The purpose of this section is to help other collectors find what they need, so please post in the spirit of cooperation and mutual benefit.

- Do not start more than one For Sale thread at a time. If you have multiple items to sell, put them all in the same thread and title your thread to reflect this. Having more than one thread pushes posts off the front page quicker making it unfair to other users.

- Do not BUMP your thread more than a few times a week. Excessive thread bumping will be considered “post padding” which is against forum rules.

- Do not erase your thread title once you’ve sold your item. Simply edit the title with a “(SOLD)” at the end.

- Do not post non-transactional messages in someone else’s thread. If you wish to discuss someone’s asking price, do so in private via PM or email.

- IF SELLING, YOU MUST INDICATE A SALE PRICE FOR EACH ITEM LISTED. Ads without a price for each item will be deleted and the seller will be notified by email or Private Message.

- Prices must indicate no higher than fair market value. Moderators will use their judgment to decide whether or not the prices are fair. For items currently at retail stores, the prices must be no higher than their normal retail cost. NO SCALPING OF CURRENT ITEMS WILL BE PERMITTED. If you paid more than retail for the item, you must state in your post that you did so. For items more than one year old, some leeway in price will be permitted, subject again to the discretion of the moderators.
    Convention Autographs & Internet Sales - Official Pix by C2 Ventures
    Administrator - The Registry
    Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
    President - Tampa Star Wars Club

High Admiral

Thanks for creating this Chris!

One thing to add: If your item is sold, please:

- do not remove the body of the original sale post and asking price.
    - do add the sold price if it is different from your asking price.

This helps this section become an archive for historical sales prices for future research.

Thanks scummers!

There are several people who collect more than just SW LEGO, minifig collectors and the like. If we aren't allowed to B/T/S anything other than SW I guess I've already unknowingly broken the rules with my WTT thread.
    Susiesmatt here!

Aren't you a little broke for a Star Wars collector?

Grand Moff

I really don't think that will be a problem. I think all Legos would be welcome, and others have already been doing that before this specific thread.
    Studies show that having a ladder in the home is 10x more dangerous than a gun. That's why I own 10 guns, in case some maniac tries to break in with a ladder.

Quote Originally Posted by oneknightr View Post

This helps this section become an archive for historical sales prices for future research.

Thanks scummers!
    If we're going to do this, could we at least move sold items to the bottom? I hate looking at a list of items, with most of them sold, to find the few that are still available.

Admiral

I agree that there are a lot of items that have sold and still taking up space. Some stuff a month and a half ago.
    GO BROWNS

Quote Originally Posted by oneknightr View Post

Thanks scummers!
    Not crazy about that idea, I guarantee it's not something that people will keep up with.... not to mention all the search returns and multiple thread listings for users as they create new threads. In other threads, it's difficult enuf to get people to remember to change thread title to close/lock.
    I'd prefer to just have them removed once no longer relevant, this is just a much cleaner way to do it.
    Also, some sellers might not want their final selling prices to be published.
    Last edited by rgeezzy; 03-17-2014 at 08:45 AM.
    My Trade Thread & My Feedback Thread
    WANT: Maleval, Phobos, Nicanus Tassu, Llats Ward

Admiral

I totally agree. If I have an emergency and sell and item very cheap I don't think that price should effect anyone down the road. So there is no point to a record of sale prices.
    GO BROWNS

Grand Moff

1. I would sell to a friend here probably cheaper than asking price.

2. I would give a discount for multiple sets sold.
    Studies show that having a ladder in the home is 10x more dangerous than a gun. That's why I own 10 guns, in case some maniac tries to break in with a ladder.