Thread: I Need Info On a Thrift Shop R2D2 Find (1997 Lucas)

Midshipman

I Need Info On a Thrift Shop R2D2 Find (1997 Lucas)

Hello everyone!

Let me start by saying thank you for taking the time to view this post and give me a little more info on what I've purchased. I'm new to this forum and not a Star Wars expert, so any help is appreciated. I have tried to do some research on 1997 Lucas R2D2 Figures, but I can't seem to find one with the "screen" like this on the front.

Anyways, I was at the thrift store where you pay by weight and found this R2D2 Figure. All I saw was that the leg said "1997 Lucas. Made in China." (It is hard to see in the photo, but that's what it says on the inside of the leg).

Knowing that Lucas is a big name in Star Wars stuff, I picked it up. It also has a little screen on the front of it as you can see in pictures. It has no working batteries, but when I took the old ones out it looks like it takes 2 GPA76 Alkaline Cell batteries.

I would estimate that it is about 3 inches tall.

Thanks again for your time, and here are some pictures.

I believe it is from the Star Wars Classic Trilogy Trivial Pursuit game. It is the electronic 'spinner' from the game.
    Visit the Canadian Star Wars Gallery:
    http://web.ncf.ca/cn333/starwars.htm
    Star Wars with a Canadian focus
    WTB: a Canadian carded 4-LOM and Kenner Canada 3-Packs / Multipacks

Scott is correct about what this R2 is from. Value is probably $5-10 if you're lucky.

Since ths isn't vintage related and it has been answered I'm going to close this down.

Mike
    "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!"
    Looking for SWS.com's Vader's Trap print #14
    Looking for R2 Prototypes MOC's & Cobot too! Also Droids R2 Original Art

Lieutenant Commander

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_Bradley View Post
    I believe it is from the Star Wars Classic Trilogy Trivial Pursuit game. It is the electronic 'spinner' from the game.
    You are correct, I have the game and that's exactly what it is.