Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By SF1138
  • 1 Post By Shawn_K

Thread: Minty c-3po scammers!!!

Vice Admiral

Minty c-3po scammers!!!

Beware!!... Its a figure that can be ruined by 'rag doll' limbs (especially the legs) even when the figure looks near mint, so the solution now appears to be to super glue the limbs and state that the figure is mint off the card with UNSNAPPED limbs!!! good grief.

Quote Originally Posted by carpetdragon View Post
    Beware!!... Its a figure that can be ruined by 'rag doll' limbs (especially the legs) even when the figure looks near mint, so the solution now appears to be to super glue the limbs and state that the figure is mint off the card with UNSNAPPED limbs!!! good grief.
    Ha! I was surfing a well known auction site (I wonder which one...) and the description for a 3P0 stated "unsnapped" limbs, thought to myself what the hell does "unsnapped" mean? I'm sure those who sell items like this have absolutely no idea these forums even exists! You can never be too careful...
    "I won't fail you - I'm not afraid!".... "Oh you will be... you will be..."

My feedback thread: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1105979/

Lieutenant Commander sniper54001's Avatar

I saw the term in the last few days as well and thought, "am I missing something here?"
    Buying MOC; working backward from Jedi - now moving onto ESB

Feedback

Super glue usually has overflow in most cases, since it is so runny, but "unsnapped" is an accurate term, since the plating process, needs the limbs to be snapped to turn freely. In 1978, C3PO was my first figure (days before my EB set came). I freaked out when the limbs wouldn 't move. I thought I'd break them. It took a couple weeks of trying to do it successfully. I don't think I ever got the left arm to move...
    Last edited by SF1138; 03-02-2014 at 10:24 PM.
    Shawn_K and justabigkid like this.

In all the years that I have dealt with loose figures, finding C3PO figures with thread in their joints was much more common than super glue. Look for figures with foot wear but tight limbs as warning signs.

James
    Star Wars stuff is a horrible investment. Star Wars fans are always broke because all they buy is Ramen noodles, peanut butter and Kenny Baker autographs.

As Roger said, this is a valid term. Some of the cardbacks even had instructions on how to unsnap the limbs. However, as was also mentioned if the figure has unsnapped limbs it should also show virtually no wear at all.

DSD or C-3PO seemingly 'glued' limbs Question
    ChrisB likes this.
    Collection Website|U Grade FAQ|My Feedback

WTB: Luke Jedi POTF Proof

Line Captain

I've sold a few C3PO's and DSD's with 3 unsnapped limbs. I never trust them and always have to force one to be sure that they weren't glued.