Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Troop Transporter, cut from movie?

Lieutenant Commander

Troop Transporter, cut from movie?

this is more of a movie question but was the Imperial Troop Transporter that Kenner made cut from the movie? I thought I remember seeing a seen from ANH with it in it but I cant find it on google images. Or was this toy just something kenner came up with like a mini-rig?
    That's not a toy, that's Kenner!

Lieutenant Commander madmartigan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kenner4Ever View Post
    this is more of a movie question but was the Imperial Troop Transporter that Kenner made cut from the movie? I thought I remember seeing a seen from ANH with it in it but I cant find it on google images. Or was this toy just something kenner came up with like a mini-rig?
    check this out fella
    Offscreen, but Not Forgotten: Mini-Rigs, Body-Rigs, and Other Kenner Vehicles | Star Wars Blog | Star Wars Blog

Lieutenant Commander

thanks, it didn't say anything about a cut scene so guess it wasn't. i could SWEAR I had a paperback Star Wars novel or something back in the day that had a pic of this thing.
    That's not a toy, that's Kenner!

•    
    There is a scene in the Rebel hangar on Hoth that shows a vehicle that looks very similar very quickly pass by in the foreground. It's not the same, but you could make a case - if the Transporter hadn't been made before ESB came out...

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Kenner4Ever View Post
    thanks, it didn't say anything about a cut scene so guess it wasn't. i could SWEAR I had a paperback Star Wars novel or something back in the day that had a pic of this thing.
    You're probably remembering the little booklet that it came with. It included a comic-style story about the vehicle destroying the sandcrawler.

The recent documentary Plastic Galaxy includes footage of a Kenner employee talking about the creation of the toy.
    Jarrod_Zutton79 likes this.
    Ron Salvatore (rsalvatore11@hvc.rr.com)
    The Star Wars Collectors Archive
    www.theswca.com
    NAGAMAROO!

It also appeared in Marvel comic #31 (January 1980):

Visit the Canadian Star Wars Gallery:
    http://web.ncf.ca/cn333/starwars.htm
    Star Wars with a Canadian focus
    WTB: a Canadian carded 4-LOM and Kenner Canada 3-Packs / Multipacks

Adam_L and BlueDog like this.

8. Thanks from: grand_moff_aaron

It was never in the movies at any point on screen or a cut scene but was developed by Kenner. Kenner then in turn developed a back story for the vehicle which is probably what you remember it came with a small sized comic. It would have been cool if kenner developed little stories for the mini rigs and other vehicles they created for the line
    Tear this ship apart until you find those plans!

The makers of The Force Unleashed were already doing what Feloni is doing more so now with his Rebels prequel series, tapping into Lucas' old scripts, McQ concept, kenner vehicles ect.

Always wanted Hasbro to release this Imperial Dropship from TFUII:

Imperial Dropship Transport - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki

Last edited by Vorax; 02-24-2014 at 12:05 AM.

I've always liked the design of this vehicle, I'm glad it will appear in the new cartoon series, Rebels.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast