Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Could the chrome C3PO mini-bust also be classed as TC14?

•    

Could the chrome C3PO mini-bust also be classed as TC14?

I recently bought the 2005 chrome version of the C3PO mini-bust, I also bought the normal gold version too & when thinking where I could put the chrome version..., it occurred to me that it reminds me of TC14 from episode I, so my question is..., do you think I could pass the chrome mini-bust off as being TC14 & put it in a pretrilogy display or are there differences between C3PO & TC14 that I can't see??? I know there's the issue of the wires of course, the chrome version has them all chromed over but if that's the only thing then I'm still thinking it's no biggy for not passing him off as TC14. Anyway, any insight or thoughts are much appreciated.

Thanks.
    "Look Sir, Droids"

Quote Originally Posted by kevb0977 View Post
    I recently bought the 2005 chrome version of the C3PO mini-bust, I also bought the normal gold version too & when thinking where I could put the chrome version..., it occurred to me that it reminds me of TC14 from episode I, so my question is..., do you think I could pass the chrome mini-bust off as being TC14 & put it in a pretrilogy display or are there differences between C3PO & TC14 that I can't see??? I know there's the issue of the wires of course, the chrome version has them all chromed over but if that's the only thing then I'm still thinking it's no biggy for not passing him off as TC14. Anyway, any insight or thoughts are much appreciated. Thanks.
    That's a great idea Kev. I may have to do the same when I get everything displayed. It'd fit nicely with Qui Gon or perhaps Nute Gunray(...hint hint GG!)
    kevb0977 likes this.
    "You must train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."
    My Feedback

3. Thanks from: kevb0977
    Lieutenant Commander wookie1970's Avatar

I have Mine displayed with the very same thought.

kevb0977 likes this.

5. Thanks from: kevb0977

•    
    Great minds think a like. Thanks guys. & thanks for sharing the picture wookie1970, very cool. & I totally agree with the 'hint, hint' SexxyDrummerBoy1.
    Last edited by kevb0977; 02-15-2014 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Additional.
    "Look Sir, Droids"

I have mine displayed also on one of the shelves in the EP I area of my collection. I've been wanting to paint the wires to complete the TC-14 look, but I haven't gotten around to do it yet...

"The best Star Wars collection isn't the one with the biggest or most expensive items, but the one holding a special meaning to the collector." - Steve Sansweet

My Feedback

8. Thanks from: kevb0977
    Sub-Lieutenant

Would be nice to have a regular TC-14 but your idea works. Kudos.
    "Who's scruffy looking!?!?"

10. Thanks from: kevb0977

•    
    I've now put him on my pretrilogy shelf..., I've yet to create specific movie displays but I'm quite happy with the look of the displays I've done today & it's good I got to put C3PO/TC14 somewhere.
    "Look Sir, Droids"

I've seen an ebay auction with the seller actually describing the chrome C-3PO as TC14. So...why not?
    My Display (PIC HEAVY) - http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1101796/ WTB: Code 3 AT-ST - http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1107599/
    WTB: Acme Archives Leia Boushh Character Key and TIE Fighter Sketchplate - http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1104529/

13. Thanks from: kevb0977

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by TRDNiteLife View Post
    I've seen an ebay auction with the seller actually describing the chrome C-3PO as TC14. So...why not?
    I have him on my pretrilogy shelf now, I look at him & think TC14 so it makes sense. There's no description saying he's C3PO on the base anyway.
    "Look Sir, Droids"

How about as U-3PO? Seems like same logic could apply.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast