Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Luke X-Wing variant

Luke X-Wing variant

Looking at the figure on the right...

Have had a query about this variant, and I would like to know more about it myself too. In a line up of around 2 dozen Luke X-Wings this piece stood out as being very different. It obviously has the wide stripe on the helmet and lower insignia, as well as a different face, but it also has a harder mould sculpt (for example look at the elbow joints compared to the figure next to it), and in particular the ridges on the white under-tunic are harder sculpted and also differently spaced to other Luke X-Wing figures.

It has a 3-line Hong Kong COO on its left leg, and as you can see from the pic the black paints is glossy rather than mat. If anyone can tell any more about this variant then I would be interested to hear?
    BONSAI'S BIG COLLECTION... of little figures VEHICLES + PLAYSETS ADDED Vintage Price Guide!!
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1086230/

Matt just confirming that I did find another of these today (and bought it). Can't really tell if my guy has the pale face from the pic but the rest looks the same.

Judging on the huge black pupils, id say youve got the rare 'Luke on ice' variant here....
    Last edited by AussieFortuna; 02-11-2014 at 05:44 AM.
    -- Looking for Polish and Mexican bootlegs.--The Pablo Picasso's of the Star Wars universe.. WTB Jaws (movie) memorabilia and models.
    -- ''Blue and Gold will never fold'', Parramatta Eels Rugby League Club - Passionate life member..

Quote Originally Posted by AussieFortuna View Post
    Judging on the huge black pupils, id say youve got the rare 'Luke on ice' variant here....
    Yep, better know as Luke X-wing Tweeker. If you roll up his sleeves you'll see scabs. He originally came with a stolen motorcycle and a butane lighter.
    AussieFortuna likes this.
    -Gary

Looking for Pre-production Kenobi, Cantina Alien and Bespin items.

Moff

Luke - luke X Wing Question
    Pauls' pic:

'dots' maybe different as well?

I'm interested to know if this variant was found on a specific cardback or a specific baggie, is it Kenner? Is it European? Any help would be great.

I wish this chap was around to ask, I'm sure he could ID it in a moment...

BONSAI'S BIG COLLECTION... of little figures VEHICLES + PLAYSETS ADDED Vintage Price Guide!!

It is related to the No Coo Scar PBP/EURO variant and therfore shares the same spray masks!

You will find dozens of equal figures if you compare it to the same COO
    Last edited by Wbobafett; 02-11-2014 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wbobafett View Post
    It is related to the No Coo Scar PBP/EURO variant and therfore shares the same spary masks!

You will find dozens of equal figures if you compare it to the same COO
    Thanks Wolff, can you say (or guess) what card this variant might have appeared on?

Since it has a Hong Kong on the leg, let's say it's Kenner , wide stripe on the helmet and lower logos on the helmet: check ; the small red square in the chest it's not smeared: check ; round eyes and eyebrows with a semi pale face: check ; black glossy chest and high detail on the limbs: half check .

Now you need to find another TESB Luke Skywalker: (X-Wing Pilot) 45 A-Back Arena Display Offer, for better pictures and verify it .
    -VICTORY IS OURS-
    -YOU WILL JOIN US-
    visit your imperial recruitment center now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lt__Brenn_Tantor View Post

Since it has a Hong Kong on the leg, let's say it's Kenner , wide stripe on the helmet and lower logos on the helmet: check ; the small red square in the chest it's not smeared: check ; round eyes and eyebrows with a semi pale face: check ; black glossy chest and high detail on the limbs: half check .

Now you need to find another TESB Luke Skywalker: (X-Wing Pilot) 45 A-Back Arena Display Offer, for better pictures and verify it .
    As usual Brenn comes through with the goods!

Maybe it came on Kenner ESB cardbacks in general as I found one on a ESB 47 Back (4-LOM offer).

Check the pic in TIG's FOTW for Luke X-wing. These FOTW sticky threads are absolutely gold.

fotw - The TIG FOTW Thread: Luke X-Wing Pilot

Christian
    aussiejames likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast