Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot Toys - Whiplash Mark II

GNT

Hot Toys - Whiplash Mark II

At the climax of Iron Man 2, Ivan Vanko appeared in his new Whiplash Mark II armor and proved to be a formidable foe for both Tony Stark and Colonel James Rhodes. The Whiplash Mark IIís incredible mechanical design has left a strong impression for Iron Man fans and since the appearance of collectible figureís prototype at various Hot Toys exhibitions, fans have been longing for the official reveal of this amazing armor.

Now we are very excited to present this eagerly awaited 1/6th scale Whiplash Mark II Collectible Figure. It will also be the newest addition to our MMS Diecast Series which the collectible figures are made of diecast material, realistically designed to look more like Whiplash Mark II as he appears in the movie. The MMS Diecast Series will take fans to the next level of authenticity, focusing on the materials, fine details and engineering of the collectible figure.

More images are up here.

Worth picking up?

Moff

Saw this yesterday...impressive, but my least fav. of the IM movies.

Looks very nice. Im probably not getting this.

•    
    It looks awesome & when I saw it last week without the price tag I thought it a definite purchase BUT the cheapest I can get it for after having a good hunt around this week is £265.00 & I just can't justify that kind of cash at the moment on a 1:6 scale figure..., my limit is £200.00 & the rule I have is not to go over that SO I'm sticking to it OR where will it end?!? lol
    "Look Sir, Droids"

Fleet Admiral

I love the design, and had it in my cart for a bit, but....yeah the price isn't too nice. I get that Die Cast is neat and such, but I'd be happy with plastic if it meant $150 less.
    Formerly Ruadh.

Commander

This is a sick piece but I detest the price tag. The price also received a lot of woes on sideshows facebook. One user said that the process and materials in which to create die cast figures have been blown out of proportion exponentially. Essentially he was saying that die cast is another gimmick like 3D movies where it just gives distributors an excuse to up the price tag. Thoughts anyone?

Fleet Admiral

I dunno...I could see that being the case. I'd need more data before passionately spitting at them about it though.
    Formerly Ruadh.

•    
    I've preordered the other 3 DIECAST Iron Man figures being released (the mark 42, Iron Patriot & War Machine), the DIECAST is what appealed to me but they were still far cheaper than this figure is..., I like the idea of not using plastic but with price tags like this one has I think maybe it should be used on the actual Iron Man suits where they can use it again & thus keep price increases down a bit more easily.
    "Look Sir, Droids"

Commander

Is DIECAST more of a durability and a feel rather than a look? Honestly I can't tell a difference between the plastic and DIECAST 1/6 figures from a visual perspective. I'm assuming most of these are for display purposed only so I don't see why they would need to 'feel' any stronger. I could venture to say more complicated pieces might require DIECAST simply to make it more durable because of complex parts would be necessary but several DIECAST pieces released have been far from complex.

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by aeluna View Post
    Is DIECAST more of a durability and a feel rather than a look? Honestly I can't tell a difference between the plastic and DIECAST 1/6 figures from a visual perspective. I'm assuming most of these are for display purposed only so I don't see why they would need to 'feel' any stronger. I could venture to say more complicated pieces might require DIECAST simply to make it more durable because of complex parts would be necessary but several DIECAST pieces released have been far from complex.
    The reason Hot Toys gave for the metal materials being used was to make the figures more authentic..., Iron Man is made out of metal after all, so that's basically the reason they've decided to go down this route..., they aren't doing it with all of the figures though so I guess it's just a mix & match for now to see if the metal figures go down well?!? It was certainly appealing to me BUT not when the prices keep increasing with each figure though, thinking the 3 I've preordered may be the only 3 DIECAST figures I'll buy.
    "Look Sir, Droids"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast