Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vintage unknown figure

Sub-Lieutenant

vintage unknown figure

Hey guys, maybe you can help indentity this figure?

Hi mate, thats a Polish articulated 2nd or 3rd generation bootleg snowtrooper, The snowtrooper you have here with biker scout limbs did turn up in both the 2nd and 3rd gens, recasts of the 1st generation figures id say yours is a 3rd gen made in the 1990s, its of much softer rubber as the first gens.
    There are plenty of guys on here who will be able to go into more details than me.
    Worth $15-$30 depending on whom you buy it from, a nice looking figure, once you go down the dark path of boots, theres no stopping
    Last edited by AussieFortuna; 02-05-2014 at 09:38 AM.
    -- Looking for Polish and Mexican bootlegs.--The Pablo Picasso's of the Star Wars universe.. WTB Jaws (movie) memorabilia and models.
    -- ''Blue and Gold will never fold'', Parramatta Eels Rugby League Club - Passionate life member..

Sub-Lieutenant

thanks friend! really helpful info

Nice Figgie!
    Big L Rest In Peace!

my feedback :Feedback for Snake_Eyes_82

Sub-Lieutenant

this one is star wars too?

Sub-Lieutenant

i found something interesting on an auction, butt if someone would tel me how much these are worth,would be great : 3..

Quote Originally Posted by rageaxe View Post
    this one is star wars too?
    Yes this is once again a polish 3rd gen, made in the 90s, same as the snowtrooper above you posted, this Rebel trooper is from what ive found, very prolific.
    -- Looking for Polish and Mexican bootlegs.--The Pablo Picasso's of the Star Wars universe.. WTB Jaws (movie) memorabilia and models.
    -- ''Blue and Gold will never fold'', Parramatta Eels Rugby League Club - Passionate life member..

i found something interesting on an auction, butt if someone would tel me how much these are worth,would be great : 3..
    These are your Polish unarticulated figures, a real favourite of mine, im only the ewoks away from completing my set.
    Very charming figures, made in the late 80s early 90s, each figure has basically dozens of paint and colour variants, ive managed to find up to 10 colour variants of many of the figures, these are generally worth more that the 2nd and 3rd gens, but most polish has really dropped off in price the last few years, these really peaked 10 years ago, who knows they might have a 2nd boom in the future.

The polish and mexicans are a great way to get into bootlegs, this is where id suggest people start if looking to get into boots.

Are you looking to get into boots, do you own the figures above? tell us a bit about yourself op.

cheers

Sub-Lieutenant

Yea i love bootlegs , they are mostly so ugly , but in pretty way i cant explain it .. ^^.. I just started collecting star wars action figures, i havent collected anything before at all.. i have only 2 bootlegs (snowtrooper and rebel trooper ) , these 4 figures from first generation are on the auction right now, and price have jumped quite some from the starting one .. so i might not win that auction since im still student and cant afford lots of money for this hobby.. plus i have girlfriend which doesnt really support this hobby .. anyway i'm originaly from Lithuania and in that country i didnt find anything related to star wars figures at all,even modern ones ;D..

Yea i love bootlegs , they are mostly so ugly , but in pretty way i cant explain it .. ^^.. I just started collecting star wars action figures, i havent collected anything before at all.. i have only 2 bootlegs (snowtrooper and rebel trooper ) , these 4 figures from first generation are on the auction right now, and price have jumped quite some from the starting one .. so i might not win that auction since im still student and cant afford lots of money for this hobby.. plus i have girlfriend which doesnt really support this hobby .. anyway i'm originaly from Lithuania and in that country i didnt find anything related to star wars figures at all,even modern ones ;D..
    Hi mate, youve got great taste the 4 unarticulateds are not first generations, they are from a different factory and line all together its said.
    Welcome to RS, nice snowtrooper and rebel trooper, great boots, if you network here, you will be able to obtain things for generally a lot cheaper than ebay, so dont be shy in looking at the classifieds here, and get to know a few fellow boot collectors, although im still learning too your very welcome to shoot me a PM if you need to know any of the basics.
    cheers mate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast