Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Nibcrom
  • 1 Post By Montross
  • 1 Post By Sharp

Thread: Modern Figure Display Shelves

•    

Modern Figure Display Shelves

Hey all. I have a limited collection of loose, modern figures. I'm looking for display shelves for them and wondering if anyone has built their own. If so, I'm interested in what sorts of designs you went with. I'd like to construct a display with shallow shelves so that I could line up or stagger loose displayed figures. I have about 300 figures but I'd actually like to build three different displays to house 100 figures each.

Thanks!
    -Bobby

Wow. Because I kind of suck, I just use Gorm shelves from IKEA. In a way, it makes the display extra fun to mount, because of the gaps between the slats on the shelves! ;-)
    I have 320 figures. Someone please stop me!
    I am a ridiculous, amateurish, silly Star Wars collector. If you don't believe me,
    read my comic: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1088712/
    or view my limelighting thread: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1087657/

Midshipman

Not sure if it's kosher to revive this thread, but I'll post something I posted in another thread:

This may not be exactly what you're looking for, but I bought several Stackubes recently. I think they're pretty great for displaying action figures. Here's a picture of my disorganized collection:

I prefer these over shelves as they can be easily rearranged and moved.

There are two different sized Stackubes. They are only available at Menards as far as I know.

Large Stackube at Menards
    Tyranusspotting and Montross like this.

I got lucky. The previous owners of my place had all these custom built shelves for their tools that are JUST the right height for Star Wars figures.
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1088761-3/#post19142262Updated Endor Diorama! Love how this has turned out!

Quote Originally Posted by Nibcrom View Post
    This may not be exactly what you're looking for, but I bought several Stackubes recently. I think they're pretty great for displaying action figures. Here's a picture of my disorganized collection:

I prefer these over shelves as they can be easily rearranged and moved.

There are two different sized Stackubes. They are only available at Menards as far as I know.

Large Stackube at Menards
    GREAT recommendation!
    Nibcrom likes this.

I've been trying to figure out something that is affordable to show off my figures and props, since my girlfriend and I are going away to school. The stackubes don't look half bad. I wish they were offered in black. Maybe I'll get some and paint them...Because $20 isn't that bad.
    Jodo - Captain Jack Sparrow - Mad Hatter - TDK Joker - Darth Maul - BSG Marine ~

•    
    This is something I'll likely have to build. I'm looking for a display with shelves only about 5" deep and no farther than 6" apart...maybe about 6 or 7 shelves total.

Midshipman

•    
    Yep. Maybe exactly like that. Thanks man, that's precisely what I'm looking for.

-Bobby
    Nibcrom likes this.