Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Jakub

Thread: Polish Fettish

Polish Fettish

Here is the place, where the legend is fallen. Ugly, unart, humiliated Boba Fett figure from Poland, equipped with Biker Scout legs and arms, molded in exotic rubber colors, was not the most wanted item in the Polish kids collections circa 1985. Opposite to this, now we love this variety of ugliness, and the nonmovable Boba, though one of the most popular surfacing Polish bootleg, still goes for quite good money. At least four collectors today have more than 10 of them on their shelves. We can assume the total number of those bootlegs is about 100. Below you have all the unart Fetts I ever got, from 2008 till now:

This picture shows some statistics: the most popular color was green, next are red and blue. The only variant that doesn't appear here is the creamy white Boba, known today in 2-3 examples. We are still waiting for yellow Fett, must be somewhere!

Jakub
    WTB Polish:
    1st gen Zuckuss ATAT limbs | blue Yoda deluxe | unart: red Zuckuss, red Commando, yellow Luke, brown Luke, yellow Veers, pink Chirpa
    http://starwarsaw.pl

HWR

Amazing Polish Boba Fett collection, Jakub. Thanks for sharing pictures and information with the rest of us once again.
    Last edited by HWR; 01-20-2014 at 01:28 PM.

Jakub,

That is a beautiful set of Fett boots. I can really see the appeal that these things have on people when I see runs like this.

Best Regards

Grant.
    Some where in the Outer Rim Territories...

Magical Jakub, that pink fett is sweet as, i thought there would have been a lot more that 100 of these around, i never realised it was such a low number, ive got a common green one with a gold chest, but would love to find a few rarer coloured ones, great thread mate, thanks.
    -- Looking for Polish and Mexican bootlegs.--The Pablo Picasso's of the Star Wars universe.. WTB Jaws (movie) memorabilia and models.
    -- ''Blue and Gold will never fold'', Parramatta Eels Rugby League Club - Passionate life member..

Awesome stuffs Jakub.
    Wanted Lists : MIB ESB 13" Boba Fett
    My Feedbacks : http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1087201/

Thanks, guys! Actually, 100 is quite high number for Polish unart figure. For example, there is about half of it of unart At-St Drivers or Luke Pilots, and those two are not so expensive as Fett. Each Ewok appears in about 35 examples, theese are really rare.
    WTB Polish:
    1st gen Zuckuss ATAT limbs | blue Yoda deluxe | unart: red Zuckuss, red Commando, yellow Luke, brown Luke, yellow Veers, pink Chirpa

Quote Originally Posted by Jakub View Post
    Thanks, guys! Actually, 100 is quite high number for Polish unart figure. For example, there is about half of it of unart At-St Drivers or Luke Pilots, and those two are not so expensive as Fett. Each Ewok appears in about 35 examples, theese are really rare.
    Wow, really that low on luke pilots and at-st drivers, ive got 4 variants of each, found them very easy to find, i must have been in the right place at the right time.

The rebel soldier was the hardest for me to find, i looked high and low, eventually got one from poland, i had been offered 5 fetts before i ever saw a rebel soldier for sale, even been offered ewoks before i found a RS, are these one of the harder ones to find?

Jakub do you have an estimated list of numbers for each figure that are known to exist? you would know better than anybody else what the numbers are, id be very interested to hear your thoughts.

cheers
    Last edited by AussieFortuna; 01-20-2014 at 09:22 PM.
    -- Looking for Polish and Mexican bootlegs.--The Pablo Picasso's of the Star Wars universe.. WTB Jaws (movie) memorabilia and models.
    -- ''Blue and Gold will never fold'', Parramatta Eels Rugby League Club - Passionate life member..

Quote Originally Posted by Jakub View Post
    cool collection
    I'm going to Warsaw in March for 3 days with my Mrs is there anywhere that I should be going to find toys?
    Any like junk shops or anything?
    Big L Rest In Peace!

my feedback :Feedback for Snake_Eyes_82

Quote Originally Posted by Snake_eyes_82 View Post
    cool collection
    I'm going to Warsaw in March for 3 days with my Mrs is there anywhere that I should be going to find toys?
    Any like junk shops or anything?

No such places with bootlegs. We can meet though, I never saw any world collector alive
    WTB Polish:

Awesome Fetts Jakub! I especially like the dark blue/gold one, that would make an awesome WVU mascot, LOL.
    Steven A. Weimer

"Only a bootleg collector would be happy with a 1 armed prune face that looks like it has passed through the family pet " - Joshua_A

11. Thanks from: Jakub