Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Bendu
  • 1 Post By nycxblitz
  • 1 Post By RYAN_J

Thread: Help with Printing Pictures please

Moff

Help with Printing Pictures please

OK. What is the best way to have pictures printed to be signed? Evidently for me it is not Walmart one hour as the sigs on the pictures I sent out wipe right off like a dry erase board.

Is there any at home printer?
    Is there a good place to send pics to be printed?

Any help would be super appreciated.

Fleet Admiral

You can probably print at Online Photo Books, Prints, Calendar, Digital Photo Printing Services - AdoramaPix

They have specials and the quality is top notch.

I would do lustre prints.

•    
    Listen to Andy you will! Best pictures ever. I use them for everything I need printed for home & hobby. Stock up when they have sales.

But for last minute surprise, autograph needs I have used Walgreen's, but the quality is not even close.

Andy and Jon nailed the answer already, but I have never had any issues with professional prints from Walmart or Walgreens or CVS, etc etc etc. If signatures are wiping off the print like a white board....it may very well be the pen the signer used.
    Grab a sharpie and test the ruined prints.....I for one would love to hear the results.
    Last edited by Bendu; 01-17-2014 at 07:52 PM.
    Cperry06 likes this.
    No matter where you go...there you are!
    There can be only One!

Moff

Quote Originally Posted by Bendu View Post
    Andy and Jon nailed the answer already, but I have never had any issues with professional prints from Walmart or Walgreens or CVS, etc etc etc. If signatures are wiping off the print like a white board....it may very well be the pen the signer used.
    Grab a sharpie and test the ruined prints.....I for one would love to hear the results.
    OK. Got a gold and silver sharpie and tested out the pics. Both wiped right off. I then let it sit over night, and the ink still wiped right off. Stinks. Will try some Deco color pens when they come in next week.

Blue and Black Sharpies stayed on and did not wipe off.

Again, this was the Wal-Mart 24 hour service. I have since ordered prints from Adorama, so thanks for the help with that!

Captain

Yeah Adorama does a great job, I get all my prints there, as Andy said, make sure to go for lustre prints.
    Cotasnoova likes this.

•    
    The process that Wal-Mart uses for most 1-hour photo processing is the 'Dry Printing' method compared to the wet process they used to use, but they took many of those machines out. and I've encountered the same thing with silver and gold rubbing right off with the dry process. I've come to the conclusion that the ink from their printers fills in the pores of the photo paper, so when silver or gold ink is applied, the chemicals that are used to make the ink metallic have no where to soak in, so essentially the ink is 'floating' on the photo surface never really drying and thus causing it to rub right off.

But any non-metallic color such as Black, Red or Blue like you said works just fine.

I personally use Shutterfly for all my prints, they use the Fujifilm Crystal Archive matte photo paper and it works fantastic with gold and silver and any color really. I've not been partial to Glossy as I'm more a TTM guy, and glossy takes longer to dry, and has a chance to smear if the photo is placed back in the envelope too soon.

RYAN-J
    Cotasnoova likes this.
    Check out My Autograph Collection! None are for sale or Trade. Sorry.

LIKE My Official Facebook Fan Page!