Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Acrylic case companies - who's still making some?

Fleet Admiral

•    

Acrylic case companies - who's still making some?

I've heard great things about oscars cases, but last time I reached out he disappeared. Nothing shady, just stopped email communication midway through. Anyone else recommend a solid acrylic case with a slider? I need to upgrade these star cases ASAP.

Fleet Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by Robbygnz View Post
    I've heard great things about oscars cases, but last time I reached out he disappeared. Nothing shady, just stopped email communication midway through. Anyone else recommend a solid acrylic case with a slider? I need to upgrade these star cases ASAP.
    What about AFA/CGA ??? I bought some from them late last year and they are terrific ...

AB
    Last edited by andrewb; 01-14-2014 at 08:57 PM.

did you check Christian from the UK?

check this thread if you feel like,,
    WTB: Acrylic cases

I just purchased some cases a month ago and all was TOP NOTCH!

arwin
    Last edited by snlmace; 01-15-2014 at 01:13 AM.
    Grant_C likes this.

Grand Moff

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
    What about AFA/CGA ??? I bought some from them late last year and they are terrific ...

AB
    Indeed, AFA also sells loose cases: In Stock Cases

•    
    I'd give Oscar another try. He might have been away on business or whatnot when you tried contacting him. He's a great guy and offers a high-quality product at an affordable price. I transitioned all of my MOC figures into Oscar Cases a few years ago.

-Bobby
    BrianM and SABRESEDGE like this.

GW cases make very nice cases, there a sticky on it when you click onto the FS threads on TIG, cheers
    -- Looking for Polish and Mexican bootlegs.--The Pablo Picasso's of the Star Wars universe.. WTB Jaws (movie) memorabilia and models.
    -- ''Blue and Gold will never fold'', Parramatta Eels Rugby League Club - Passionate life member..

AFA's cases are top notch and their packing is outstanding. They're my preferred source for acrylic cases and are the only ones I purchase for pieces in my collection. I found a slightly damaged one, but still usable, in one of my SP acrylic case shipments and AFA replaced it for free and let me keep the damaged one. I've also had very good experiences with their custom case fabrication.

Mike
    Buying vintage prototypes, snowtrooper rarities, & Kenner employee memorabilia

GW Acrylic all the way mate.

Just type that into a search engine.

Aren't we lucky to have so many places these days. Sure beats plastic bag and a pin.
    ​TIE Fighter Pilots
    TIE Pilot ESB-C Baggie
    Looking for vintage STAR WARS store displays (All types)

Like others said, AFA and Christian GW are 2 other options besides Oscar, but also like to say, i ordered sliding bottom cases from UKG before and they are really top notch to.

•    
    Thanks for all the love guys - much appreciated.

Our initial aim is to be the No. 1 provider of all types of acrylic display products for collectors within the UK and EU. Bulk shipping outside of the EU is currently high but not always prohibitive as smaller orders can be delivered anywhere such as speciality cases - Early Bird set .

In the future though a potential partnership with a US based reseller will be sought and I hope that in the not so distant future if our friends in the US, Canada and further a field want to buy our products in bulk then an outlet will be available. As per most 'hobby-come-business ventures' these things take time (just ask Todd about his book!) so I won't put a timescale on this possibility for now.

Many thanks to everyone who continues to support GW Acrylic and check out the FB page for our latest case design.

Regards,
    Christian
    JesseVader08 and Robbygnz like this.
    Acrylic Display Products for Collectors:
    MOC Cases; Mailer Cases; Loose Figure Cases; Display Steps
    Please email: info@gwacrylic.co.uk or please 'Like' us on Facebook here: GW Acrylic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast