Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Boba Fett Spin-Off confirmed(?)

High Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by Julythrunov View Post
    I never found boba fett that interesting. Whatever interest I had in him was squashed in episode 2.
    I agree, but IMO this is what gives teeth to this rumor -

Disney may very well recognize that Fett being a clone doesn't sit well with the fans. Therefore, they may attempt damage control and have this clone killed off and replace it with someone else.

I think most would accept this, IF the story was good. Those that would be bothered by something so trivial IMO, would likely find something else to bother them about the movie even if this rumor wasn't true.
    Last edited by BlueSnag; 01-23-2014 at 06:43 AM.
    TheForce5 and BlasTech like this.

Well this might make sense if they were going to use Jodo Kast, but they're not. So it makes no sense to me at all! I think using a different person just to be Fett is a BIG mistake! I understand that the waters are muddy because Bullock played him in the OT, then the character eventually became Logan. And will end up as Morrison in later years, because of the Cloning aspect. But if you're going to change the character, just go with some other Bounty Hunter altogether!

Don't try to bank off the Boba Fett name! I'm actually surprise Johnston would want o be attached with something like this.

All thanks to GL and his throwaway characters, and now Disney for wanting to redo everything!

My personal preference would be to see his adventures pre ESB, or perhaps earlier. Maybe what they should do, is cast an old man that passed his teachings onto someone else. And that person can become the new Bounty Hunter.

man I'm really getting tired of people changing, and redoing stuff just because it's easier!
    Arctrooper4043 likes this.
    Looking for: MU Northstar. Falcon from CA2. Have: MU Captain America, Grim Reaper, Hyperion, WW Hulk.

Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Grand Admiral

I'm not a PT fan, and I don't find Boba Fett to be that interesting as a character. Before the PT, to me, what made Boba Fett interesting is that he was a mystery. Episode 2 not only ruined the mystery, but the story felt like a bad idea shoe horned into the PT. I'm still not sure why Jango Fett/Boba Fett needed to the template for the clones. In a galaxy full of people...it just so happened to be ...jango fett/boba fett? I get that he was a super mega cool awesome bounty hunter fighter guy, and that makes him the perfect soldier(I guess..?) but it felt like fan service. "Wait'll they see who the clones are made from!". That being said...as much as I dislike what the prequels gave us for a boba fett origin story, trying to dance away from it now is just as bad. The damages is done, they should just leave it alone. There's other stories in the SW to tell.
    Last edited by Julythrunov; 01-26-2014 at 10:05 AM.
    Scarrviper likes this.
    Glen?! Maggie?!? Maggie?! Glen!!! Maggie!! Glen?!?!?!? Maggie?!?! Glen!!! Maggie!!!! Glen?!?!? Glen?! Maggie?!? Maggie?! Glen!!! Maggie!! Glen?!?!?!? Maggie?!?! Glen!!! Maggie!!!! Glen?!?!?

GNT

That being said...as much as I dislike what the prequels gave us for a boba fett origin story, trying to dance away from it now is just as bad. The damages is done, they should just leave it alone. There's other stories in the SW to tell.
    Maybe they could focus on Boba Fett's son instead? :p

Surely you meant his daughter...
    Looking for: MU Northstar. Falcon from CA2. Have: MU Captain America, Grim Reaper, Hyperion, WW Hulk.

Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

•    
    I'm not a PT fan, and I don't find Boba Fett to be that interesting as a character. Before the PT, to me, what made Boba Fett interesting is that he was a mystery. Episode 2 not only ruined the mystery, but the story felt like a bad idea shoe horned into the PT. I'm still not sure why Jango Fett/Boba Fett needed to the template for the clones. In a galaxy full of people...it just so happened to be ...jango fett/boba fett? I get that he was a super mega cool awesome bounty hunter fighter guy, and that makes him the perfect soldier(I guess..?) but it felt like fan service. "Wait'll they see who the clones are made from!". That being said...as much as I dislike what the prequels gave us for a boba fett origin story, trying to dance away from it now is just as bad. The damages is done, they should just leave it alone. There's other stories in the SW to tell.
    Hey guys was doing a google search on possible Fett stuff and came across the site and this thread and found it interesting. After reading over Fett's new history w/Jango and such it makes me wonder if they are going to keep it or since LucasFilm & Marvel are both owned by Disney now will they go back to the old Marvel backstory for Fett, that carried over into the Dark Horse era.

His name was Jaster Mereel (Origin created by Andy Mangels and character by George Lucas of course) He a enforcement officer on the planet Concord Dawn back during the Clone Wars era who killed his superior for some immoral act or such and he had to leave his home and joined up with the Mandalorians...

Previous to Mangels origin bits and pieces of his origin in the Marvel era of the early 80's told the story that Fett fought during the clone wars, and after it was over only 3 of the Mandalorian warriors came out of the conflict (STAR WARS issue#68 Written by David Michelinie. Illustrated by Gene Day and Thomas Palmer).

Whos other 2 names were Tobbi Dala and Fenn Shysa. The story is about Leia being attacked by local Slavers hunting random commoners of the planet and enslaving them for work and such. She lets the Mandalorian live, to find out it was Fenn Shysa, who like a friend Parma were part of the Mandalorian Protectors, a super-commando group sent to aid Palpatine in the Clone Wars in Firespray-class ships identical to Slave I. During the war, they were briefed on Leia and other enemies, but of 212 Protectors, only Fett, Fenn, and Tobbi Dala survived. ( the larger overview is found Here with a full retrospective found Here ).

Later in Dark Horse One shot "Twin Engines of Destruction"Writer(s):Andy Mangels

Penciller(s):
    John Nadeau

Inker(s):
    Jordi Ensign

Colorist(s):
    Cary Porter

Letterer(s):
    Michael Taylor

Editor(s):
    Peet Janes

Cover Artist(s):
    John Nadeau

Jodo Kast pretends to be Fett (though he used a roughed up customized Tyderium shuttle) but ended with Fett killing cast after beating the ever-loving hell out of him and stripping the Mandalorian armor off of him. When he does this Fett starts asking who was he to Kast's beaten face, saying you were Shysa you weren't Dala (which were the other 2 survivors from the Marvel Star Wars #68 Story) so the author had done his homework. While it wasn't the greatest of origins when I wathced episode II and saw this Jango guy w/him being the clone mold... I scratched my head.

So here's to hoping Disney uses it's Marvel roots for his origin which was better in my opinion. Oh... and hello my name is Rezikai I'm a star wars fanatic.

P.S.
    As for his wife and daughter,... while it does contradict Leia's story in the Tales of Jabba's Palace novel which talks about Fett never having them... (it's in Leia's tale as shes trapped as a slave girl) I'm not going to have a cow over it, even then his backstory wasn't fleshed totally out.

The REAL gem of a read is in the same Tales of Jabba's Palace called... "A barve like that, the tale of Boba Fett". It tells the week-two week long struggle Fett has to escape the Sarlac, where he starts hearing the voice of a psychic inside the belly of the beast who died centuries earlier but his mind melded/meshed over the slow digestion period to merge into the skin/tissue of the sarlac.... he tells Fett jokes and tales of the Old Republic with a Jedi falling in but unable to escape.... Fett escapes of course... and well returns to the sarlac months later to repay the joke.
    VlixHunter likes this.

Grand Admiral

Welcome Razikai and thanks for the interesting read.
    Glen?! Maggie?!? Maggie?! Glen!!! Maggie!! Glen?!?!?!? Maggie?!?! Glen!!! Maggie!!!! Glen?!?!? Glen?! Maggie?!? Maggie?! Glen!!! Maggie!! Glen?!?!?!? Maggie?!?! Glen!!! Maggie!!!! Glen?!?!?

Commodore

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_S View Post
    You're basing this on your own prejudices and not on logic.
    Not in the least, my dear fellow.
    Michael_Knight likes this.
    WTB/WTTF Star Wars Black Series Prototype Fett

Act 1: Scene 1

Boba Fett climbs out of the Sarlaac Pit and swears his revenge against Han Solo...
    "A Death Mark's Not An Easy Thing To Live With"

Grand Admiral

No thank you.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast