Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Lucasfilm Story Group to Ensure Star Wars Continuity Across All Platforms

You still get the never official eu as Star Wars Legends to enjoy while the new comics,books,and games will be official canon. It's a new starting point and I take it as meaning they won't have a bunch of books coming out willy nilly but rather true collaborations between the authors/artists. That's something they got away from in the previous EU I believe. Just think of the old EU as a parallel dimension ie 616 universe and Ultimates universe.
    Last edited by DarkManX; 04-25-2014 at 04:06 PM.
    jeremyohio likes this.

I'm kinda disappointed, while I knew practically everything post-ROTJ would be tossed out, there is so much more that could have stayed Canon. Unless Disney is planning on rewriting the entirety of galactic history, I don't see why they would throw out so much pre-movie content. Does the story of Revan in KOTOR really have that much of an impact on future movies? In addition, this most likely means figures of the "Legends" EU probably no longer see the life of day. So, unless Revan is reused in some way, we might have just lost any chance of getting a new figure of the character.
    Last edited by DarthPaxis; 04-25-2014 at 05:59 PM.
    Most Wanted: Realistic Cad Bane, Darth Andeddu, Calo Nord

Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue1969 View Post
    Yeah, just read this. Sorry, but I've been reading "EU" since Splinter of the Mind's Eye and Han Solo at Star's End. To me, this is just Disney trashing everything that was built so they can make it their own. I've been rereading the adult novel series since August, starting with 'Darth Plagueis' and I'm now up to the Lando Calrissian Adventures. I hate how the 'Clone Wars' series depicted Barris Offee as turning traitor and how it made Karen Traviss quit her 'Commando' series because it couldn't be retconned into the now 'official' universe. While I enjoyed 'Clone Wars' series on it's own, I never considered it part of the 'movie universe'.
    I only read the first Commando book or two, but I always thought Traviss overreacted. Unless some of the later books were set on Mandalore during the Clone Wars, I don't see why they couldn't have been merged with only minor retcons… from the beginning of TCW's Mandalorian stuff, the "pacifist" government was a fairly-recent innovation. The Atlas of the SWU even attempted to merge TCW Mandalore w/ Dark Horse/Del Rey Mandalore, saying that True Mandalorians/New Mandalorians/Death Watch were all 3 distinct factions. TCW's Season 5 left Mandalore in the midst of a new civil war, the pacifists overthrown by Maul & his splinter of Death Watch, with Bo-Katan's faction turning against Death Watch & their Sithy allies… tho we never got to see how that was resolved in TCW (tho Filoni dropped hints it would've been revisited, with Ahsoka), I can easily imagine the civil war would end with Mandalore no longer being pacifist, but not being the aggressive warrior-culture that Vizsla wanted, either.

Well it didn't really clarify much, we pretty much still in the dark on what possible EU content will be used.
    Looking for: MU Northstar. Falcon from CA2. Have: MU Captain America, Grim Reaper, Hyperion, WW Hulk.

Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    Well it didn't really clarify much, we pretty much still in the dark on what possible EU content will be used.
    I don't think we'll get more than bits and pieces, little things here and there, not much more than references.
    Wedge is a Tribe fan.

Cripes! This didn't take long to go from zero to point 5 past light speed.

I'm bummed for the obliteration of the minuscule hopes I had of a couple actors playing strong EU roles, but more so for those who held the EU so near and dear. Before the PT, we had a jonze for SW anything half decent, and it gave us a great wealth of solid stories.

So, it sucks having that investment now called a fairyland dream of "It Suddenly Means Jack Sith." It would have been nice to give us a little time to brace for it rather than having the bandage ripped off.

In the end, without constraints, the talent and artistry of this Disney Wars venture will show what it's worth. I trust I will be made content, at points disappointed, but overall thankful to get to enjoy that much more new SW verse.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue1969 View Post
    Already been there. The third 'Death Star' was the 'Tarkin' from the Marvel comic series. And the fourth is the 'Galaxy Gun' from the Dark Empire series. I think it either blew up suns or it was able to blow up a planet through hyperspace or something.
    The "Tarkin" was what proto-LFL oversight forced the Marvel writers to do with a "Hey, what if the Empire built a second Death Star?" concept between TESB and ROTJ. Arguably, it would be DS 1.5.
    "The truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." -Ben Kenobi

Now shopping Marshall's, TJ Maxx and 5 Below.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthPaxis View Post
    I'm kinda disappointed, while I knew practically everything post-ROTJ would be tossed out, there is so much more that could have stayed Canon. Unless Disney is planning on rewriting the entirety of galactic history, I don't see why they would throw out so much pre-movie content. Does the story of Revan in KOTOR really have that much of an impact on future movies? In addition, this most likely means figures of the "Legends" EU probably no longer see the life of day. So, unless Revan is reused in some way, we might have just lost any chance of getting a new figure of the character.
    That does match up with the orders to Hasbro to avoid EU figs.

Crimson Jack says, "The blasted man-mouse can go bugger off."

Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
    That does match up with the orders to Hasbro to avoid EU figs.
    Buy all EU figures you can find. They will be the Yak-Faces and Blue Snaggletooths of the future.
    Chewbacca likes this.

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast