Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: GI Joe Fan Club

GI Joe Fan Club

I am thinking of joining the GI Joe Fan Club. Are any of you part of the GI Joe Fan Club? Is it worth the $ to join? Please let me know your thoughts.
    Vote Empire! Palpatine/Vader 2016!

I actually wanted to join for a while, but Iceberg just didn't hit the right chord for me. Although I am up for that cross country. And I would like to get this con's set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolingbroke View Post
    I really wouldn't want to be the girlfriend/wife of some of the members of this board ...

I've been a member for a few years now, it's had it's ups and downs but it's good for the most part. Yes, this year's Iceberg figure was a stinker that needed some work, but the previous membership figures have been pretty good.

For $44 (I think it's still that price, might have gone up a few bucks) you get either the 3 3/4" or the 12" exclusive membership figure, 12 issues of the "magazine"- basically a 12 page comic sized newsletter with news that's usually outdated because of the internet, an article or 2, and 2 or 3 2-4 page comic strips. You also get special pricing on their web store and at the Joe Cons. The current club website is a little bare, they have a message board and some news, but that's about it. It use to have older issues of the magazine and other articles and pictures archived.

You might want to check out hisstank.com and yojoe.com and the many threads about the club there to get a better idea.

I've though about joining several times, especially when figures like Kim Arashikage are available. But there are too many duds IMO to pay that price.
    Looking for: MU Northstar. Falcon from CA2. Have: MU Captain America, Grim Reaper, Hyperion, WW Hulk.

Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

I joined last year as the JOEcon location was somewhere we could actually go to. The Iceberg figure was a dud, but there wasn't anywhere you could get one otherwise save for a custom. You get some money off of club pricing. The con set will actually save you more than what you pay for your membership if you want to buy the set. I'm going to re-up my membership this year for that reason alone. The Cross Country concept looks good, too. Better than the Iceberg, but that figure was full of broken promises by the club. I don't know if they were completely lying about it or couldn't get their thumbs out of their ***** to produce something of quality. I think most would agree that Dial tone and Claymore looked good.

Also, you could sell off your free figure if you don't like it and make most of your membership fee back. Not sure what Iceberg is selling for. Last I checked was about $30 or so. The other two mentioned skyrocketed in price because the club did a decent job on it.
    -Your friendly neighborhood Stormtrooper Would like to trade 90s comic cards. Please PM me if you have any. I will be adding a list to my BST thread when I am done going through them all, finding what I'm missing, and finding what I have to trade.
    Looking to buy my first Sideshow figure. Help me out why don't ya? B/S/T Thread

Lieutenant Commander

I have been a member for many years, but as a huge G.I. Joe fan it's always been worth it to me. I also love the conventions and all that. I have varied 3 3/4" and 12" exclusives (I'm an Adventure Team kid).

See that's why I never felt it was worth it to me, I'm a bigger fan of SW and marvel. Most of my Joe purchases wind up as custom fodder.

I'd really like to see them do something similar for SW though, I can just imagine the sets they could make!
    Looking for: MU Northstar. Falcon from CA2. Have: MU Captain America, Grim Reaper, Hyperion, WW Hulk.

Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Thanks all. I appreciate you answering my questions.
    Vote Empire! Palpatine/Vader 2016!

Grand Moff

I do like the Cross County figure the Club is offering. The "Havoc" not so much.

I definitely think its worth it, but (other than iceberg) I feel the club has been doing a better job than hasbro with figures lately...

The club magazine is beyond awful, but access to the figure subscriptions, the con sets, and the annual figure are worth it to me.
    Hasbro, hear my plea for the Rickshaw Droid!
    Current top five most wanted: rickshaw droid, Kalyn farnmir, veedaaz awmeth, toonbuck toora, mosep.
    My feedback thread: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t858622/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast