Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: QC find..... Christmas present....

QC find..... Christmas present....

So a while back I found this Hoth Snowtrooper 31Back/A QC sign-off and decided to send it in to AFA to further prove that it is legit. Well I got it back and this is the result. I am very happy with this piece and it is a great Christmas present to me.

Last edited by SeerDrakon; 12-25-2013 at 07:23 AM.
    SAX, HWR, JEFFS_MUSEUM and 11 others like this.
    My Feedback
    WTB SISE FROMM C9 MOC!!
    Any loose C9 Ledy's Does anybody on RS sell these anymore?

Fleet Admiral

Great item . Are those typically faked ? I have seen various ones from different toy line and was wondering . I mean the label would be easy enough to reproduce. I guess I wonder how AFA knows that it's legit . DO they have a list of the people that did the checks , just pondering .

Quote Originally Posted by assemblyrequired View Post
    Great item . Are those typically faked ? I have seen various ones from different toy line and was wondering . I mean the label would be easy enough to reproduce. I guess I wonder how AFA knows that it's legit . DO they have a list of the people that did the checks , just pondering .
    Hey James,
    I know you hate AFA but they do their homework on pieces like this. AFA knows pretty much all of the QCer's that worked for Kenner during that time and they know exactly what all the labels look like. Provenance is key and making sure to let AFA in on the history is extremely helpful in this situation. I have emails to prove where it came from and this piece in particular traveled alot.

I am sure Mike M. will like this since he has a limelight of the snowie. This is one of my favorite figures in the whole line. I even have a 501st approved set of armor for this. Very cool to say the least.

I could really care less on the grade....it is just a cool piece of history that I am happy to bring to the community. It is great to have things like this still show up. Now if I could just come across a hardcopy or first shot for my collection I would be happy. Dark Artist has one right now that is in my sights. A Ewok of some kind....
    Last edited by SeerDrakon; 12-24-2013 at 02:50 PM.
    DrewLachance likes this.
    My Feedback
    WTB SISE FROMM C9 MOC!!
    Any loose C9 Ledy's Does anybody on RS sell these anymore?

Fleet Admiral

yeah that's what I figured on them knowing the QC folks. I do hate AFA , but I always wondered that on figures

-James

Quote Originally Posted by assemblyrequired View Post

These QC examples don’t tend to be faked in my experience. There has been a lot documentation done on QC samples. Also, there small pool of Kenner employees who did the sign offs. So signature authentications can be verified to other known QC examples. Providence or COA where the item came from is key as well.

The QC Snowtrooper looks great IMO

Technically speaking, QC items are just samples from production shipment boxes. So I would classify this as Quality Control Christmas rather than Preproduction Christmas.
    I may lack a witty signature here but my opinions are legendary.

*** Looking for any Preproduction R2-D2 items... PMs are welcome ***

Fleet Admiral

yeah I understood how the QC system worked , I was just more interested in how AFA knew who they where etc. I imagine they would catalog each example as they when through to track others . I use to do QC for a few companies and pulled samples for testing etc. all non-toy but similar. I like the QC figure more I think. Would be a great focus .

-James
    SeerDrakon likes this.

Very nice QC piece! It's getting really hard to find QC moc's these days... Congrats and merry Christmas!!
    Last edited by Kenner76; 12-25-2013 at 06:14 AM.
    SeerDrakon likes this.
    Wanted: Jawa proofs, pre-production Boushh items,First shots of the "1st 12", and anything Jessica Meade.
    I have cash and many great trade items!

My Feedback: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1070625/

Sweet item, thank you for sharing the pic's. Now hide it before Mike Mensinger see's it lol.

Regards

Grant.
    Some where in the Outer Rim Territories...

Really sweet item, happy for you finding such a great piece, great chrissie pressie
    Uncle_Gundy likes this.
    -- Looking for Polish and Mexican bootlegs.--The Pablo Picasso's of the Star Wars universe.. WTB Jaws (movie) memorabilia and models.
    -- ''Blue and Gold will never fold'', Parramatta Eels Rugby League Club - Passionate life member..

That's a sweet QC piece you have there!!! Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Always looking for vintage store displays, vintage shipping boxes and Jawa items.
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1077974/ My feedback Thread

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast