Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: SSC Life-Size C-3P0

Midshipman

WTB: SSC Life-Size C-3P0

I was lucky enough to get a working R2 when they came out and never got around to getting his gold counter-part. I know it would have to be shipped freight and it's pricey, that's okay.
    Or if anyone is in the Los Angeles area could do local pick up.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by lagg123; 12-19-2013 at 06:25 PM.

There is one on ebay right now and it's in CA. It's $15K. Good luck.
    WTB: Acme Archives Leia Boushh Character Key - http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1104529/

Midshipman

Thanks for the heads up. From reading about the issues some people had with them, I'd be scared to pull the trigger for that price, especially for an unopened (untested) one. I know they're rare, but 15k seems really high -- what have others sold for?

Quote Originally Posted by lagg123 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. From reading about the issues some people had with them, I'd be scared to pull the trigger for that price, especially for an unopened (untested) one. I know they're rare, but 15k seems really high -- what have others sold for?
    I'm not too familiar with it. What are some of the known issues? This is the only one I've seen so I can't comment on recent sales prices. I'm pretty sure it's going to keep coming down in price. But who knows when someone else may be willing to finally snap it up or what the rock bottom is for the seller. I would message him and ask. Also if you got in touch in person you know that price could be at least 10% less.
    WTB: Acme Archives Leia Boushh Character Key - http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1104529/

Midshipman

From reading this thread it seems the electronics were fragile, and now if something wasnt working I dont know if you could still get replacement parts.
    Sideshow Life Size C-3PO unpacking & in-hand pics

Midshipman

No one bid on it for 15k, so now it's relisted at 17.5k?

7. Thanks from: Tommy_Windu

It's back up for $12K.

Midshipman

I saw that. He lists the R2 for 8k... Wouldn't R2 be more desirable (and therefore more expensive)?

I think the thing is that a completely screen accurate 1:1 replica of R2 can be assembled from scratch, whereas 3PO would be a lot harder. Definitely for my money I'd rather make and personalize an R2 (and I'm sure it could be done for less than $8k), than buy the old Sideshow one. I haven't heard very good things about either one of them (quite a few people at SSF seem to have sold theirs off rather quickly), so these prices just seem ridiculous to me.
    Quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius.

If you hve the patience, time and money, you could join the C3PO Builders and build it to your liking. You never know. Someone might need to sell their threepio would prefer not to part out the pieces. That's when having the money up front is nice. You can help someone with the stress of parting out a build and in turn, you get yourself an awesome Threepio.

Still, I hope you find your Sideshow Version if you prefer that

DV
    HELP, I am looking for any alternate pictures of R2-X2 (stripes on dome), this droid is seen in Ep IV, during rebel briefing and being loaded into an X-Wing prior to Death Star Attack.
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1074313/ <-for the feedback

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast