Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Rebel soldier body sculpt.

Rebel soldier body sculpt.

So I couldn't help but notice that you made no mention of the two distinct body sculpts commonly available on the Rebel soldier in the vintage figures database. Here is a link to some pics of the figures in my personal collection showing the two sculpts. I thought it might be of interest. Cheers - Julian
    pillow-of-the-gods

Hi Julian, very confusing pictures to get a good idea of the different sculpts, side by side, front side and back would be a lot easier to see the differences, and the backpack on one of them needs to be removed as to get a clearer picture, cheers
    -- Looking for Polish and Mexican bootlegs.--The Pablo Picasso's of the Star Wars universe.. WTB Jaws (movie) memorabilia and models.
    -- ''Blue and Gold will never fold'', Parramatta Eels Rugby League Club - Passionate life member..

This has nothing to do with the body sculpt, but I have a bunch of Hoth Rebel Soldiers and I always notice those two face colors. Is that just plastic deterioration?

Sorry about that... I updated this post to include the comparison shots. (I need to take new shots and clean-up the web page , I know) - here's a direct link to the pictures I'm describing:

http://julianusmaximus.wix.com/pillo...1lfd/image1k5x
    #2 jpeg:
    a) The knot in the neck scarf. b) The width of the straps on the left chest pocket. c) The trim going down the front where the zipper would be [the left one has flatter trim and the figure on the right's trim is more rounded)

http://julianusmaximus.wix.com/pillo...1lfd/image1gl6
    #3 jpeg:
    a) The width of the belt buckle [though it's hard to tell in this picture because of the paint wear]. b) The bottom of the jacket at the crotch [where the zipper would be]. c) The shape of the leg/crotch joints - both the upper and lower joints [more rounded on the left figure and more square on the right one].

http://julianusmaximus.wix.com/pillo...c1lfd/imagecl7
    #4 jpeg:
    a) The shape of the diamond pattern above the boots [the ones on the left figure are more squared-off and the ones on the right are slimmer, more elongated]. b) The folds in the boots [most noticeable inside the top "circle" areas]. c) The thickness of the boot soles

http://julianusmaximus.wix.com/pillo...1lfd/image15v4
    #5 jpeg:
    The proportion of the COOs.

I hadn't noticed these until I was building my little website and had a bunch of pictures up side by side... then I noticed these differences in many other people's pictures. I thought it might be of interest to the collectors that are into variants. I hope this was helpful...

As for the face colours I have seen several different characters in the vintage figures with varying face shades. The ones with "painted faces" tend to be more stable because the paints seem to hold their colour longer than the plastics. I believe these ones are just slightly different paint shades from different factories. The ones with "molded faces" are often plastic degradation like on the green-limbed Chewie. Though I'm sure UV rays affect both the plastic and the paint in the long run. Also storing the figures in ziplock baggies seems to accelerate plastic degradation (I use small paper envelopes now...)
    Glad to join the forum - J
    Last edited by bedheadjulian; 12-08-2013 at 05:53 AM.
    AussieFortuna likes this.

Hello Julian, well spotted. There are a lot of different COO types with small variations for the Rebel Soldier. If you have a look at the second post in this thread you can get an idea of how many: Hoth Rebel Soldier No COO?

The 'Rolls Royce' of Rebel Soldier variants would be the dark body PBP version, simply because it's so strikingly darker. See a pic below:

Lt__Brenn_Tantor likes this.
    BONSAI'S BIG COLLECTION... of little figures VEHICLES + PLAYSETS ADDED Vintage Price Guide!!
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1086230/

Aaah thanks Julian, those are great shots, and your spot on, plenty of differences there mate, well spotted, and nice site youve started.

And Bonsai, great figure above, its on my list to get at some point.
    -- Looking for Polish and Mexican bootlegs.--The Pablo Picasso's of the Star Wars universe.. WTB Jaws (movie) memorabilia and models.
    -- ''Blue and Gold will never fold'', Parramatta Eels Rugby League Club - Passionate life member..

Quote Originally Posted by AussieFortuna View Post

And Bonsai, great figure above, its on my list to get at some point.
    Tony, I should add a disclaimer that's not my figure - I do have one but Oli's pic is much better than mine (sure he won't mind!).
    olisuds likes this.
    BONSAI'S BIG COLLECTION... of little figures VEHICLES + PLAYSETS ADDED Vintage Price Guide!!
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1086230/

Quote Originally Posted by Bonsai_Tree_Ent View Post
    Tony, I should add a disclaimer that's not my figure - I do have one but Oli's pic is much better than mine (sure he won't mind!).
    It's actually my figure now.
    olisuds and Bonsai_Tree_Ent like this.
    Wanted: Jawa proofs, pre-production Boushh items,First shots of the "1st 12", and anything Jessica Meade related. I have $ and many great trade items!
    My Feedback: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1070625/

Very cool, thanks for the link Bonzai. Thanks for the compliment AussieFortuna. It was Rebelscum that inspired me to get back into collecting and set up the site. I'm happy to have joined the community

HWR

Quote Originally Posted by captainpiett View Post
    This has nothing to do with the body sculpt, but I have a bunch of Hoth Rebel Soldiers and I always notice those two face colors. Is that just plastic deterioration?
    No these are different paintjobs. The standard figure with caramel colored jacked can be found with pale or tan face and different shades between, and the one with darkbrown jacket can be found with white or pink face. Concerning the dark jacket figure, the pink face is a European (tri-logo) variation and the white face is a true PBP variation.
    The_Dark_Artist likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast