Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Green chest armor DENGAR ???

Captain

Green chest armor DENGAR ???

Hello all! Someone I know who is also a vintage SW collector showed me something at his house this week that I had no answer for, and after trying to find information on my own and striking out, here I am to ask the real source for answers

So this Dengar obviously has green chest armor and after close inspection of it against another normal one, it honestly looks to be a factory paint app.

I don't know anything about Dengar, so if this is just some normal discoloration for his figure, then I'm sorry to waste everyone's time! He (the owner) told me that he had bought this from another collector who also had gave him a Kenner baggie (not pictured) and rifle that he said went with the Dengar figure.

Any info is appreciated! Thank you all!

Last edited by PMK916; 12-05-2013 at 06:32 PM.

I have a few of these, although by looking at it you would swear its painted green and is a variant, it is in fact more colour fading, the purple has faded over the years into a green.
    Many years ago i too thought that it must be a variant, but reading up about this over the years, the general consensus seems to be that its just fading, ive also got a few that are in between purple and green, a real beater thats almost lime green, and some that have never faded.
    -- Looking for Polish and Mexican bootlegs.--The Pablo Picasso's of the Star Wars universe.. WTB Jaws (movie) memorabilia and models.
    -- ''Blue and Gold will never fold'', Parramatta Eels Rugby League Club - Passionate life member..

Boba Fett, Yoda, Greedo, Gamorean, Endor Rebel, Klatuu and Prune Face should be the only SW toys with green parts.

What about Amanaman, leia poncho, Barada, Dianoga, walrus man and the A-wing pilot ? and salacious has a green nose.
    Last edited by AussieFortuna; 12-05-2013 at 11:52 PM.
    -- Looking for Polish and Mexican bootlegs.--The Pablo Picasso's of the Star Wars universe.. WTB Jaws (movie) memorabilia and models.
    -- ''Blue and Gold will never fold'', Parramatta Eels Rugby League Club - Passionate life member..

Now that is fade I've never experienced, interesting. Thanks for sharing that. Aussie, did you get all the figs with green in them? Endor Luke? Rancor Keepers pants (look kinda green, to me)....lol

•    
    Dengar's armour is known to discolour to green sometimes.

Taken from: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask. - Page 18

Taken from: Star Wars Forum - Vintage Star Wars Collecting Forum - StarWarsForum.co.uk • View topic - Help with this off colour Dengar

The green armour on your figure looks very bright green though. Not like a faded / discoloured paint.
    Might it be painted? It looks there there is still some purple paint visible on the edge at the right.

Yea i had one like that its Common wouldn't Budge on Evilbay Haha
    Big L Rest In Peace!

my feedback :Feedback for Snake_Eyes_82

Captain

Thank you all for the info! It has to be the best discoloring I've seen yet (that doesn't look like just a sign of aging)....will definitely need to get myself one!

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DrDengar View Post

The green armour on your figure looks very bright green though. Not like a faded / discoloured paint.
    Might it be painted? It looks there there is still some purple paint visible on the edge at the right.
    Must just be some shadow in the picture or something because I inspected the heck out of it and there's no other paint under it and the lines are perfect when compared to a regular, non faded one.

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by PMK916 View Post
    Must just be some shadow in the picture or something because I inspected the heck out of it and there's no other paint under it and the lines are perfect when compared to a regular, non faded one.
    OK that's a good thing. Thanks for clarifying.

Then we are looking at a discoloured figure, IMO.
    Looks quite cool, though.

11. Thanks from: PMK916
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast