Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Is eFX making a falcon?

Lieutenant

Is eFX making a falcon?

I dont want to get anyone's hopes up falsly but I was surfing the eFX website and saw this in the "In Development" Section.

eFX Inc. - A New Millennium

I dont know if this is old news but is this true? Is eFX making their own millennium falcon to meet the demand for falcons that is evident on this board??

In a word; no.

I recommend completely disregarding that website, as it is rarely (if ever) updated.

But I don't think we will ever see another Falcon. MR's Falcon was a very ambitious project and I can only imagine the amount of planning that went into getting it produced.

I don't think anyone else will be game to try it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Deedzy View Post
    I recommend completely disregarding that website, as it is rarely (if ever) updated.

But I don't think we will ever see another Falcon. MR's Falcon was a very ambitious project and I can only imagine the amount of planning that went into getting it produced.

Never say never.. The release of Episode VII and how much screen time the Falcon will actually get there might boost the interest in such a way that eFx or some other company (I doubt they will hold the license with this attitude) might decide to create a new SS Falcon
    But...it is written if the Evil Spirit arms the Tiger with claws, Brahman provided wings for the Dove...Thus spoke the Super Guru

You are right in that the site is rarely updated but if you consider the captive audience that we are they don't really have to. There is already plenty of exposure in boards like this. I guess sections of it will work when new products are released so we can pay. To update the OP it was simply the case that the costs of tooling became prohibitive and the efx falcon would have had to be expensive comparative to size; would there be enough interested to make it worth their while? I guess they decided that there wouldn't. The matter was discussed at length in several threads and Efx did explain there reasons fully. Most (most) of the high end falcon fans will already have the MR and that's the issue; what people really want is the MR. I can't see another run of those despite the encouraging signs heralded by the efx Y Wing (see those MR Y wing owners trying to cash in; don't blame them as I just did the same thing with my Boba SE helmet).

If you want a top falcon then aim for the MR or a commission build, both are there if you can afford them.
    According to the MR falcon coa there was over 18 months of research and planning needed to pull it off and some detail of the processes needed are explained. Ambitious indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Deedzy View Post

Last edited by intwenothor; 12-02-2013 at 10:05 AM.

Fleet Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by intwenothor View Post
    You are right in that the site is rarely updated but if you consider the captive audience that we are they don't really have to. There is already plenty of exposure in boards like this. I guess sections of it will work when new products are released so we can pay. To update the OP it was simply the case that the costs of tooling became prohibitive and the efx falcon would have had to be expensive comparative to size; would there be enough interested to make it worth their while? I guess they decided that there wouldn't. The matter was discussed at length in several threads and Efx did explain there reasons fully. Most (most) of the high end falcon fans will already have the MR and that's the issue; what people really want is the MR. I can't see another run of those despite the encouraging signs heralded by the efx Y Wing (see those MR Y wing owners trying to cash in; don't blame them as I just did the same thing with my Boba SE helmet).

If you want a top falcon then aim for the MR or a commission build, both are there if you can afford them.
    According to the MR falcon coa there was over 18 months of research and planning needed to pull it off and some detail of the processes needed are explained. Ambitious indeed.
    Ok Guys, Im wondering how is it possible to start producing a "massive" Star Destroyer if costs are too prohibitive to do a Falcon??

Just saying..............??

AB
    DarthCitrix likes this.

Line Captain

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
    Ok Guys, Im wondering how is it possible to start producing a "massive" Star Destroyer if costs are too prohibitive to do a Falcon??

Just saying..............??

AB
    That's a good point. Actually, the "in-developement" eFX Falcon is much smaller than the MR. It's a "desktop" version that they wanted to keep at a certain price point. I believe Brian said they were looking into another manufacturer but it is on hold at the moment due to manufacturing costs.

The a SS replica Star Destroyer hasn't been done before, thus more demand.

The Falcon was also supposed to be mostly diecast metal.

Lieutenant

Thats a bummer . Thanks everyone for the information. It also sounds like the Obi Wan ANH reveal is cancelled or at least delayed although they are making a full suit storm trooper, som EU sabers, y-wing, and a destroyer. How much will the destroyer cost lol?

Actually, on a side note has any company like eFx or Qmx considered making a death star? I thought that would be a really cool model, especially the in construction version in ROTJ although that would require even more detail and time than the falcon i guess

My most favorite part of reading that page is this line.......but there are many special effects miniatures which are simply too large for eFX to affordably replicate. Then why are we getting a Death Star then? (confused).
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast