Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By HWR
  • 1 Post By Wbobafett

Thread: Luke Hoth Paint Variant?

Luke Hoth Paint Variant?

Had a good trawl through figure of the week threads, is the small painted chest emblem a normal paint variant on these? All my others have the larger one? Both COO 3 on the guide.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Banton989; 11-21-2013 at 04:25 PM.

Moff

My understanding is the paint mask is like a stencil. Hold the stencil close you get a small defined paint area, further away you get a larger emblem. These factory anomolies are not variants IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by aussiejames View Post
    My understanding is the paint mask is like a stencil. Hold the stencil close you get a small defined paint area, further away you get a larger emblem. These factory anomolies are not variants IMO.
    I guess that must be the same as his snow goggles? Some seem small while others look large.

HWR

Quote Originally Posted by aussiejames View Post
    That's correct. If you look at the figure, it's like the is a small rectangular frame arround the emblem. i'm sure that frame is painted on the "large emblem variation" and unpainted on the "small emblem variation".

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbybobs View Post
    I guess that must be the same as his snow goggles? Some seem small while others look large.
    Also correct. One some figures the upper part of the goggles is unpainted, which make them look smaller, although the mold is the same.
    Last edited by HWR; 11-27-2013 at 02:20 PM.
    Bobbybobs likes this.

I agree on "nearly" every other mask issue, but in that case I also have the feeling that two different mask were used. I noticed the small and large emblems years ago and always kept one of each in my collection . IMO the differences are too huge....and there is no "half large", "half small" one...there is only really large and really small ones.

Best

Wolff
    Last edited by Wbobafett; 11-27-2013 at 12:58 PM.
    Bobbybobs likes this.

6. Thanks from: Banton989