Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Rate the Marvel Cinematic Universe?

GNT

Question Rate the Marvel Cinematic Universe?

So with the success of the Marvel Universe films in the last few years I was wondering what is everyone's top Marvel cinematic films were in order from 1-9. And if you want feel free to add in any of the co-production movies into your lists if you wish (if there were any decent films in that lot?).

To jog your memory here are the past films....

Marvel Cinematic Universe:

Iron Man (2008)
    The Incredible Hulk (2008)
    Iron Man 2 (2010)
    Thor (2011)
    Captain America - The First Avenger (2011)
    The Avengers (2012)
    Iron Man 3 (2013)
    Thor - The Dark World(2013)
    Captain America - The Winter Soldier(2014)

Co-productions:

Blade (1998)
    X-Men (2000)
    Blade 2 (2002)
    Spider-Man (2002)
    Daredevil (2003)
    X-Men 2 (2003)
    Hulk (2003)
    The Punisher (2004)
    Spider-man 2 (2004)
    Blade Trinity (2004)
    Electra (2005)
    Fantastic Four (2005)
    X-Men - The Last Stand (2006)
    Ghost Rider (2007)
    Spider-man 2 (2007)
    Fantastic Four - Rise Of The Silver Surfer (2007)
    Punisher - War Zone (2008)
    X-Men Origins - Wolverine (2009)
    X-Men - First Class (2011)
    Ghost Rider - Spirit of Vengeance (2012)
    The Amazing Spiderman (2012)
    The Wolverine (2013)

What's your favourite Marvel film? Let us know and why

If mixing studios my list would be:

1. Avengers
    2. X-Men First Class
    3. Iron Man
    4. Thor Dark World
    5. Capt America
    6. Iron Man 2
    7. Thor
    8. Blade

•    
    Blade was awesome. Easily my fave pick of the bunch.

The rest went from really good popcorn flick (Avengers, Iron Man, X-Men films) to watchable but forgettable (Thor, Fantastic Four, Incredible Hulk) to utter crap (Captain America, Hulk). Don't really care enough to actually rank them.

Ian

MCU Only:

1. The Avengers
    2. Thor: The Dark World
    3. Iron Man 2
    4. Iron Man 3
    5. Thor
    6. Captain America: The First Avenger
    7. Iron Man

I never saw The Incredible Hulk, so it would be unfair for me to rank it. Hulk from 2003 was one of the worst movies I have ever seen, so I chose to skip TIH.

Top 10 Mixed:

1. The Avengers

2. Thor: The Dark World
    3. Spider-Man 3
    4. Iron Man 2
    5. Iron Man 3
    6. Thor
    7. Captain America: The First Avenger
    8. Iron Man
    9. Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
    10. Spider-Man 2
    "I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett

1) The Avengers- For what this movie accomplished, and all the build up that went into it.
    2) Iron Man- I think this was just an unbelievable film, amazing cast and performances all around, and really pulled the mainstream into the geek genre, advanced it a level.
    3) Iron Man 2- great sequel
    4) original Spiderman- Again, a good overall movie that stuck to the roots, didn't try to be something it shouldn't and another movie that really drew the mainstream into the comic book/geek genre and stepped it up a notch.
    5) Captain America-
    6) The Hulk (2008)- I always enjoyed Ed Norton in ANYTHING he's in.
    7) Thor: The Dark World- just not a HUGE Thor fan, but a good movie, especially for a sequel
    8) Iron Man 3-
    Western PA contact www.pswcs.com
    You are a meat head, dead from the neck up....a meathad.-Archie Bunker

the marvel movies continually get better. it's hard to compare Avengers to Incredible Hulk, for example. in general, the newer marvel movies are better than their predecessors. therefore the "best" one is, usually, the one yet to be released

having said that, (and while it's not in the MCU), I think the best "superhero" movie was the Mask of Zorro with anthony hopkins and antonio banderas. ("come at me, bro").

this one had a MUCH better story than we are used to seeing from the superhero genre.

for me, on first viewing, I'm always concerned with the writing and the story first. after I've seen the movie and I know what's going to happen, then I can go back and watch it again and pay attention to the visuals.. and sometimes this CAN be a saving grace.. but it's never a primary concern.

the MCU has come a LONG way with the visuals .. but they still have a long way to go, in terms of storytelling. [/IMO]
    Last edited by Cobalt60; 11-15-2013 at 09:49 AM.
    "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?" -- James Kirk, U.S.S. Enterprise.

I'll just stick to the MCU since the others are of such varying quality it would be hard to rank them. Also I haven't had a chance to see Thor 2 yet so that's why I left it out.

1. Iron Man- Might not be my favorite MCU film (though it's close) but I do think it's the best from a film making standpoint. One of the best origin stories ever.
    2. The Avengers- On repeat viewings I find I have more and more issues with this film but the spectacle and fun of it keep me coming back for more. Still can't believe they pulled this off.
    3. Thor- Was surprised by how much I liked this one. Until the film version of the character came along I was never a Thor fan. It's a testament to how great Chris Hemsworth is in the role that I was able to be converted. An awesome score really gives soul to this movie. And of course it also gave us Tom Hiddleston as Loki.
    4. Iron Man 2- This one seems to have divided people but for a fanboy like myself this movie was awesome. Two words- War Machine. He was so bad*** in it. Shame they wasted him in IM3.
    5. Captain America- I really like this movie and would rank it higher but the disjointed feeling it has holds me back. You can tell quite a bit was cut. But it does have some great stuff in it and I'm super hyped for the sequel.
    6. The Incredible Hulk and Iron Man 3- Was really letdown by IM3. The only reason I don't rank it in last place and have it in a tie with TIH instead is how good RDJ is in it. Big misfire after how awesome Avengers was. As for TIH, the Hulk we got in The Avengers is leagues ahead of what's in this movie. While it's easily better than Ang Lee's Hulk overall it's forgettable.
    PSN ID: ​stormshadow138
    My Feedback

1. Captain America because he's my favorite Marvel Superhero and I felt the film did him justice.
    2. Iron Man 2. I know this film is unpopular, but I liked it quite a bit.
    3. Iron Man. Good first film.
    4. Avengers. I didn't love it or hate it.
    5. Thor. Not so great but not the worst thing ever.
    6. Hulk. Totally bland.
    "Hunt them down. Do not stop until they are found. You do not know pain, you do not know fear. You will taste man-flesh." - SARUMAN
    Feedback

I'm a huge Marvel fan, so thanks for starting this topic! Interesting to see how others rank the films, for sure.

I'd really have to think about the non-MCU films, but here's how I rank the Marvel Studios productions thus far:

1. The Avengers
    2. Iron Man
    3. Thor: The Dark World
    4. Captain America: The First Avenger
    5. Iron Man 3
    6. Thor
    7. The Incredible Hulk
    8. Iron Man 2

I should mention that I've thoroughly enjoyed all of the films, and don't think any of them are a "bad movie". And from what we've seen of The Winter Soldier so far, I expect it will end up pretty high on my list.

Avengers
    Thor Dark World
    Captain America
    Iron Man 3
    Thor
    Iron Man
    Iron Man 2
    Hulk

IM2 and Hulk being the "worst" simply because somebody has to be on a list and FX shows them all the time. I've enjoyed the hell outta the MCU movies so far.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast