Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: toy_trader_uk on ebay sold me a repro blaster instead of original

  1. #1
    Ensign chiktabba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    paris

    toy_trader_uk on ebay sold me a repro blaster instead of original

    Sorry for my poor english, my native lenguage is french.

    I think there is nothing worst for a collector than to receive a repro instead of an original, especialy when it comes from a profetionnal of toys.

    I bought a china rebel soldier on ebay from toy_trader_uk in a direct trade. It was said "it comes with "ORIGINAL" blaster! "great for serious collector"!!! funny

    I was really pissed off this morning when I received it to see that the blaster was a repro. Also I wrote very kindly to him to tell him I was surprised, but I was even more surprised when he complitly denied it and said I must be wrong!!
    Then I insisted and he said I should be happy because he sold me a nice figure! I can't beleive it.

    So I just want you to be aware of that because I know you hate repro as much as me.

    here is our little conversation:
    "Hi
    I received the figure today, thank you. But you gave me a repro blaster, and It was said It is an original. What do you propose?"

    "Hi
    I don't deal in repro I never have and I never will , so I think you are mistaken
    David
    - toy_trader_uk"

    "Is this really your answer to this? i don't think this is really professionnel.
    I Am a serious star Wars collector, and i recognised it was a repro first thing when i saw It. Then i did the water test, That confirmed my thought, then i went to impérial gunnary website to identify the repro and again i had confirmation.
    i Am absolutly positive It is a repro. I admit you CAN Make a mistake, but if you deny It and don't do anithing to repair this, i would have to Make a note in conséquence. Sorry about That but i Am very surprised by your answer.
    - routchane"

    "yes it is, as I don't deal in repro at all , Look at my shop there are no repros of anything listed there, it may be possible that i have made an error it looked fine to me and i can't water test every weapon I get.
    You got the a nice condition china scuplt figure with a 3.00 off best offer discount and you could buy another weapon for less than that, so i think even if somehow it is repro you have not done badly
    if you don't want the item then please send it back to me
    - toy_trader_uk"

    "In fact this is what i was thinking, i got a repro wapon because i asked a lower price, but then you should have told It before.
    I won't waste my Time sending It back.
    I propose you sent me a réal wapon or refond 3 euros witch is the price of an original blaster.
    - routchane"

    "Plus you are suppose to be a professional toy trader, you say you sell an original blaster, It has to be original. I recognised It very easily, if you don't, then you should do the water test or change your job or not saying you are selling original wapon
    - routchane"

    "well you think wrong,
    if you want to think liek that then maybe I could think you thought the shipping was to high ( as shipping is expensive) and this is a way to get more money off?
    you have misunderstood me, I don't KNOWINGLY OWN OR SELL any repro items if this is a repro then that is the way it was sold to me and I have missed it
    you have already had 3.00 off I'm not refunding any more without a return, it can't bother you that much if its 'a waste of your time' to return it
    David
    - toy_trader_uk"

  2. #2
    Moff AussieFortuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sydney Australia

    He sounds like a goose to me, if you send it back you will have to pay postage, his attitude is very poor customer service, id hit him with negative rep, thats what its there for, cheers
    -- Looking for Polish and Mexican bootlegs.--The Pablo Picasso's of the Star Wars universe.. WTB Jaws (movie) memorabilia and models.
    -- ''Blue and Gold will never fold'', Parramatta Eels Rugby League Club - Passionate life member..

  3. #3
    Admiral
    Join Date
    Dec 2012

    I've neg him Nicolas
    Wanted: Palitoy Tie-Fighter Instructions, Lili Ledy, Glasslite, Meccano Instructions $$ waiting

    Click here to visit the Droids Action Figure Guide or here Glasslite Action Figure Guide

  4. #4
    Captain CloneTrooperDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Indiana

    Give this idiot a negative & let others know he is a scam artist dealing in repro weapons. eBay harbors all types of scum & villainy & they have no intention of ever banning jerks like this. Unfortunately you were wronged & he will not make right by you.

  5. #5
    Sith Lord Ian_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Caledonia, Ontario, Canada

    •    
    Quote Originally Posted by CloneTrooperDan View Post
    Give this idiot a negative & let others know he is a scam artist dealing in repro weapons. eBay harbors all types of scum & villainy & they have no intention of ever banning jerks like this. Unfortunately you were wronged & he will not make right by you.
    A little over the top here? Not condoning the seller, but everyone can make a mistake, and if he accidentally sold one repro, he can be forgiven. Of course, it would help if he'd refund the price of a blaster, but just because one repro slipped by him doesn't make him an automatic scam artist. I refuse to sell them too, but if I somehow missed one, I'd be pissed off at getting called scam artist, scum, villainy, and a jerk all in 3 sentences.

    Ian

  6. #6
    Moff AussieFortuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sydney Australia

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian_C View Post
    A little over the top here? Not condoning the seller, but everyone can make a mistake, and if he accidentally sold one repro, he can be forgiven. Of course, it would help if he'd refund the price of a blaster, but just because one repro slipped by him doesn't make him an automatic scam artist. I refuse to sell them too, but if I somehow missed one, I'd be pissed off at getting called scam artist, scum, villainy, and a jerk all in 3 sentences.

    Ian
    I agree with you here Ian, he could have been mistaken and let one pass through, but it was the sellers poor attitude when he said ive already given you $3 your not getting any more off, i think he could have been a bit more respectful to the buyer.
    -- Looking for Polish and Mexican bootlegs.--The Pablo Picasso's of the Star Wars universe.. WTB Jaws (movie) memorabilia and models.
    -- ''Blue and Gold will never fold'', Parramatta Eels Rugby League Club - Passionate life member..

  7. #7
    Rear Admiral
    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian_C View Post
    A little over the top here? Not condoning the seller, but everyone can make a mistake, and if he accidentally sold one repro, he can be forgiven. Of course, it would help if he'd refund the price of a blaster, but just because one repro slipped by him doesn't make him an automatic scam artist. I refuse to sell them too, but if I somehow missed one, I'd be pissed off at getting called scam artist, scum, villainy, and a jerk all in 3 sentences.

    Ian
    usualy i would agree with you but given his response i think it is appropriate. first of all to say he has no time to do a water test on every weapon is crazy...it takes what 2 seconds to drop all the weapons from a collection in water? and then to say maybe i missed it and still do nothing about it is just very bad form. just my 2 cents

  8. #8
    Ensign chiktabba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    paris

    hi guys and thanks for your support because I felt bad about this story, anyway the seller finaly accept to refound 1,5gbp after I put a negative note on ebay and after he received messages from you on forums thanks let's spend more time on our collection instead

  9. #9
    Sith Lord Ian_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Caledonia, Ontario, Canada

    •    
    Quote Originally Posted by chiktabba View Post
    hi guys and thanks for your support because I felt bad about this story, anyway the seller finaly accept to refound 1,5gbp after I put a negative note on ebay and after he received messages from you on forums thanks let's spend more time on our collection instead
    Glad you got some resolution out of this.

    To clarify my earlier post, I wasn't supporting the guy's poor way of handling the issue. It was crappy, and would make me upset too. I was only referring to the way he was being called a scammer for what truly may have been an honest mistake. And fbrd98, the float test isn't 100% accurate anyway. People should be more diligent than using only that method to authenticate, as it's led to many false accusations of repros in the past.

    Ian

  10. #10
    Lieutenant Atavachron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Death Star

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian_C View Post
    A little over the top here? Not condoning the seller, but everyone can make a mistake, and if he accidentally sold one repro, he can be forgiven. Of course, it would help if he'd refund the price of a blaster, but just because one repro slipped by him doesn't make him an automatic scam artist. I refuse to sell them too, but if I somehow missed one, I'd be pissed off at getting called scam artist, scum, villainy, and a jerk all in 3 sentences.

    Ian
    LOL Ian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •