Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Who loves SW and Collecting but

Who loves SW and Collecting but

Who loves SW and collecting but is 1.) running out of space(# 1 issue for me) 2.) tired of bad distribution and finally 3.) you just feel like how much stuff can you really own? I mean 6 movies and a tv series is a pretty ground to cover in itself. I've been thinking and I will not be collecting any Post CW items. In other words anything that comes out after the original 6 films and CW I won't get. So no Rebels, no ST stuff and no spin off film merchandise. I have an entire room full of awesome items from the current existing media and can't even begin to imagine collecting items for a new show, trilogy and spin off films. Now that Disney has bought SW we will have non stop media coming out. Case in point Marvel. Subsequently that means non stop merchandise. So I'll be enjoying this new era of SW as a film goer but not as a collector. I don't plan on renting out storage units or having ceiling High stacks of boxes in my room. Lol
    Good Soldiers Follow Orders Good Soldiers Follow Orders

Admiral

I'm kinda of in the same boat,but I just can't get it all.It's too much stuff and with prices going up on the sticker price it's too costly.Besides,I only have one room for the Evil Empire[er, man cave] and it's getting fairly full now but still got a little room left for the really cool figures.

Quote Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
    Now that Disney has bought SW we will have non stop media coming out.
    I agree and that's why I think that if anyone is planning on getting out of this hobby, then this is the time to do it.

Personally, it all comes down to what Hasbro could still potentially release that would generate a lot of excitement for me. For me, that list is not very long and doesn't really justify a continued interest in Star Wars. Right now, I'm in a holding pattern until the Saga Legends Stormtrooper and 6" Stormtrooper are released. I also want to see what the rumored 6" TIE Pilot will look like. Outside of that, I feel like I already quit this hobby a year ago and am just currently going through the motions.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Admiral

I've seen a Stormtrooper in a 6" inch line.It was in the black series,so it might be on your selves locally.

Quote Originally Posted by r2d6kelly View Post
    I've seen a Stormtrooper in a 6" inch line.It was in the black series,so it might be on your selves locally.
    Yeah, it's in wave 3 and it's not scheduled to be released until early next year.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

GNT

Quote Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
    Who loves SW and collecting but is 1.) running out of space(# 1 issue for me) 2.) tired of bad distribution and finally 3.) you just feel like how much stuff can you really own?
    1. Well yes that's always going to be an issue, the way around this is to be more selective with purchases. Best to sell off all old unwanted items and stick to the best figures in each outfit.

2. I wish there were more figures on the pegs but bad distribution doesn't bother me that much.

3. You can never own enough, but as mentioned above one has to be become more selective and only buy the items that you truly want.

Quote Originally Posted by GNT View Post
    3. You can never own enough, but as mentioned above one has to be become more selective and only buy the items that you truly want.
    Thats my problem, being selective and staying on target. More times than not I get into to many different lines at once and never feel like I complete any of them. There is just so many cool things out nowadays for us collectors.
    Currently Collecting: Star Wars Black 6 inch, MOTUC, SOTA Street Fighter
    Waiting to be Released: Kidrobot x MegaMan, FourHorsemen Ravens

GNT

Quote Originally Posted by Ackbar254 View Post
    Thats my problem, being selective and staying on target. More times than not I get into to many different lines at once and never feel like I complete any of them. There is just so many cool things out nowadays for us collectors.
    People have to realise it's not a race, with the huge amounts of products they make you can step away and continue collecting in say 4 years time. Eventually every item could be purchased with patience.

Space became an issue as well as always feeling incomplete with my collection. I did two things, got rid of about 45k worth of my collection and am down to roughly 5k with a focus on the Emperor. I only buy what I truly love now and things that I won't be selling a few months down the road. Literally today was the last of my "minimizing", I'm sold out of items I didn't want to keep and now I have exactly what I want.
    I ask my self several questions now, is it worth the cost, does it add to my collection or will it be out of place and will I want this in a year?
    RS Feedback: ​http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1097788/
    eBay: jnipshank
    Twitter: @only1nipshank
    Instagram: only1nipshank

Admiral

Wussies. Make more space. Kick your girlfriends/wives out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast