Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Boba Fett Wrist Launcher

Boba Fett Wrist Launcher

In Steve Sansweet's books, one prototype I saw was the Boba Fett dart blaster. Looked like the gauntlet he has in ROTJ and looked like an amazing kids toy. Does anyone actually own this? I'd love to see some close-up pics rather than promotional shots.

Quote Originally Posted by SaberSonic83 View Post
    In Steve Sansweet's books, one prototype I saw was the Boba Fett dart blaster. Looked like the gauntlet he has in ROTJ and looked like an amazing kids toy. Does anyone actually own this? I'd love to see some close-up pics rather than promotional shots.
    This I would also very much like to see.
    SaberSonic83 likes this.
    Big L Rest In Peace!

my feedback :Feedback for Snake_Eyes_82

Isn't it a piece of artwork? I don't have the book in front of me, but that's my memory. I don't believe a three-dimensional prototype is known to exist, so what you see in the book is about as good as it gets.
    Ron Salvatore (rsalvatore11@hvc.rr.com)
    The Star Wars Collectors Archive
    www.theswca.com
    NAGAMAROO!

Quote Originally Posted by ronsalvatore View Post
    Isn't it a piece of artwork? I don't have the book in front of me, but that's my memory. I don't believe a three-dimensional prototype is known to exist, so what you see in the book is about as good as it gets.
    I have the book. It's awesome, there are a few "artwork" mock-ups for things like the Luke Skywalker belt which had a holster, Han Solo blaster, droid caller and possibly macrobinoculars.

But the other stuff is real production stuff that would be really rare. They actually made a Luke Lightsaber that was modeled after the Droids one that was spring loaded and fired out the blade from the hilt. The blade was only like a foot long if that, but the hilt looked way more like Luke's from ROTJ. Then there was the Boba Fett Wrist Blaster with 3 darts. It looks so awesome, I'd love to see a physical specimen lol

I have the book. It's awesome, there are a few "artwork" mock-ups for things like the Luke Skywalker belt which had a holster, Han Solo blaster, droid caller and possibly macrobinoculars.

But the other stuff is real production stuff that would be really rare. They actually made a Luke Lightsaber that was modeled after the Droids one that was spring loaded and fired out the blade from the hilt. The blade was only like a foot long if that, but the hilt looked way more like Luke's from ROTJ. Then there was the Boba Fett Wrist Blaster with 3 darts. It looks so awesome, I'd love to see a physical specimen lol
    In the Sansweet book? I just went and looked, and the Fett role-play set is most definitely a piece of artwork.

Not sure what you mean about the Droids saber. The handle of the produced Droids saber was based on Luke's saber from ROTJ. Even the red one.
    www.theswca.com
    NAGAMAROO!

In the Sansweet book? I just went and looked, and the Fett role-play set is most definitely a piece of artwork.

Not sure what you mean about the Droids saber. The handle of the produced Droids saber was based on Luke's saber from ROTJ. Even the red one.
    OK, so it wasn't from the book, but I was right! Here you go, via the Star Wars Archive Database:

This saber was based WAY more on Luke's than the Droids one. I think the Droids one was meant to be generic, as Luke wasn't even a character on the show. Also, notice the blue blade, signifying this was probably made before ROTJ ever was released. Luke's lightsaber was blue up until post production when they realized it didn't show up well against the sand backdrop. I think the green blade obviously gave it a much more flashy, new effect since none had ever been seen before. It's funny to see the blue blade in the early trailers though, before they re-did the rotoscoping.

I'm a sucker for role play and my guess is Sansweet owns all 3. The blaster isn't that hard to come by, but is expensive. In his book, it shows a much more detailed assortment for the Boba Fett role play set. Even was going to come with a thermal detonator. I'm always going to wonder if the rest of the set was made and molded for prototypes.
    Last edited by SaberSonic83; 10-31-2013 at 09:05 PM.

Grand Moff

There's ofcourse the arwork for the coinlauncher. Don't have the time to look it up, but wasn't that related to Boba Fett?

-Alex

OK, so it wasn't from the book, but I was right! Here you go, via the Star Wars Archive Database:

This saber was based WAY more on Luke's than the Droids one. I think the Droids one was meant to be generic, as Luke wasn't even a character on the show. Also, notice the blue blade, signifying this was probably made before ROTJ ever was released. Luke's lightsaber was blue up until post production when they realized it didn't show up well against the sand backdrop. I think the green blade obviously gave it a much more flashy, new effect since none had ever been seen before. It's funny to see the blue blade in the early trailers though, before they re-did the rotoscoping.

I'm a sucker for role play and my guess is Sansweet owns all 3. The blaster isn't that hard to come by, but is expensive. In his book, it shows a much more detailed assortment for the Boba Fett role play set. Even was going to come with a thermal detonator. I'm always going to wonder if the rest of the set was made and molded for prototypes.
    Ok, I remember the photo now. That's not a different Droids saber, just an early hand-made prototype of what ended up being the Droids saber. I'm sure the Fett thing is also a hand-made prototype.

You really think that looks more like the ROTJ saber? It doesn't to me. I think Kenner based this one on bad or early reference material. Luke's saber in ROTJ doesn't have that waffle pattern. It does, however, have that distinctive spiral-like detailing, which is most definitely on the saber seen in the film, as well as on the Droids saber.

Sansweet doesn't own any of this, as far as I know. His book implies that Mark Boudreaux supplied the conceptual art for the role-play sets, though that doesn't mean he had the actual art. May have been file photography. Just about all of the Kenner stuff shown in that book is not -- and never was -- owned by Steve.

Kenner almost surely did not make "molded" prototypes of any of that Boba Fett stuff. The wrist launcher here looks like a one-off, mocked-up thing. The Boudreaux concept art has the "Return" logo, so it likely postdates these other pieces, which are certainly pre-ROTJ.
    www.theswca.com
    NAGAMAROO!

Actually, Chris' write-up at Unproduced Large Weapons (closeup) - Star Wars Collectors Archive says the product sheet uses "Return" rather than "Revenge," so it must have been produced after November 1982. Doesn't necessarily mean the prototypes featured on it weren't made earlier, though. I'd still guess the concept art of the sets was done later on.
    www.theswca.com
    NAGAMAROO!

Quote Originally Posted by AJ_van_Zelst View Post
    There's ofcourse the arwork for the coinlauncher. Don't have the time to look it up, but wasn't that related to Boba Fett?

-Alex
    Coin-Related POTF Toy Concepts (1 of 2) - Star Wars Collectors Archive
    www.theswca.com
    NAGAMAROO!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast