Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: What Joe in your collection is your favorite and why?

What Joe in your collection is your favorite and why?

Since I see so many awesome figures being picked up by everyone, I thought it would be fun to start a thread that would allow you guys' to choose one Joe out of your entire collection that you like the most. I myself have a Cobra Android Trooper 86'. He's my favorite because he's what got me into collecting Joe's in the first place. Though I didn't get him until I was around 8 or 9, once I had him the addiction began. Let's hear yours. I know it's going to be tough because so many of you have more than one that you'd choose, but it'd be interesting to hear none the less.
    “You underestimate the power of the dark side” // Flickr // My Wants

Favorite figure is probably the vintage Secto Viper. Odd, I know, but it was the one I played with the most. Don't know where I got it as I didn't have a BUGG. All I have is the Secto Viper and the SCUBA scooter from the BUGG. Must have gotten mixed up with a friends figures. Didn't have many JOEs growing up, but SV got lots of love. I have added a 100% complete BUGG and SV to my collection recently. Now, my vintage figure has both a vehicle to drive and a buddy to SCUBA with.
    manowarjoe likes this.
    -Your friendly neighborhood Stormtrooper Would like to trade 90s comic cards. Please PM me if you have any. I will be adding a list to my BST thread when I am done going through them all, finding what I'm missing, and finding what I have to trade.
    Looking to buy my first Sideshow figure. Help me out why don't ya? B/S/T Thread

Very cool! I always had a fascination with figures that could take their helmets off (weird I know). So I would say he is in my top 5 for sure.

Vintage S.E.A.L. vs Original Storm Shadow

vs

POC "ultimate" (v1) Snake Eyes

Current Ultimate Storm Shadow

Shadow Tracker?

this is hard
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
    "What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by OdinsDad View Post

this is hard
    I knew this was gonna be for some. Which makes it even funner to read when folks narrow down their lists!

My favorite is the original Storm Shadow 1984. I must have had about 7 of those figures growing up and lost the accessories for every one of them. Now I have one complete with file card and full cardback for display. It got me fascinated with Ninjas, and I have been ever since. A close second is the Dress Blues Gung Ho. I loved the figure, but never knew what to do with him because he was never battle ready, and his sword was always in its sheath. So I couldn't really have him sword fight anyone, but the look of the carded figure back in the day at the old K-Mart in Worthington MN is what comes to mind every time I see that figure. I was just in awe of it.
    My Feedback
    TK-9433
    nWo 4 LIFE!
    [-o-] (-o-) [-o-]

Another favorite I had to throw in there was Deep Six. I had him when I was younger. I need this guy, again!

Last edited by manowarjoe; 10-30-2013 at 05:07 PM.

Most of my favorite characters are the underwater guys. Secto Viper, Hydro Viper, Undertow, Wetsuit, Eels... Just have a fascination for the deep, dark blue, I guess.
    -Your friendly neighborhood Stormtrooper Would like to trade 90s comic cards. Please PM me if you have any. I will be adding a list to my BST thread when I am done going through them all, finding what I'm missing, and finding what I have to trade.
    Looking to buy my first Sideshow figure. Help me out why don't ya? B/S/T Thread

Mine would be the vintage Snow Serpent, followed by the Eel and Hit & Run. I had Hit & Run as a kid, but I was more into Transformers when the Snow Serpent and Eel originally came out. I didn't pick those up until I was in my late teens and Ebay was just getting popular. The 25th Snow Serpent and Eel are still in my top five modern figs, but it's too bad they haven't been able to do Hit & Run justice yet.

Awesome list so far! Keep em' coming!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast