Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Wbobafett
  • 1 Post By Wbobafett

Thread: hong kong or tawain ??

hong kong or tawain ??

Hey all, Im just curious about whitch of these to collect. Dose it make a diffrence on value? Is one suppose to be better than the other. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

Admiral

Hi, there is no straight 'yes' or 'no' answer to this question. Some 'Taiwan' or 'Made in Taiwan' COO variations command a premium that varies from insignificant to moderate, whereas in some cases the price difference is non existent (Ackbar or Madine, for instance). I know there are a few specific 'Taiwan' variants of the first 12 (thinking of Vader) that are harder to find than their MIHK counterparts, but I'll let the variation experts chime in on this.
    Last edited by Maelkos; 10-27-2013 at 09:58 PM.

HWR

As Maelkos said, on many variations there are not significant price difference on "H.K.," "Hong Kong", "Made in Hong Kong", "Taiwan" and "Made in Taiwan" coo (these are 5 different coos). Sure there are exceptions from the rule, as mentioned, Darth Vader is quite pricy with a "Taiwan" coo.

On some variations there are clearly visible difference on the figures. Eg General Madine with legs and arms molded in gray and with either molded hair (painted face) or painted gray hair are Hong Kong made, where the one with arms and legs molded in Black and with greenish painted hair is Taiwan made. On Admiral Ackbar Hong Kong have arms molded in white and the torso molded in a brownish color, where Taiwan have arms molded in red and the torso molded in White. But as said, there is not a big price difference on those despite the differences.

There is quite more "Taiwan figures" with mold-color differences

http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/ken...olor-variants/

and: The TW Madine also exists with grey hair!

Besides the "only Taiwan" Vader (not the MITW), they are all very comon (coo wise). What can add to the price is the mold-color version:

Taiwan molded face Luke Jedi, TW molded torso Leia Boush...etc etc

If you are just asking which one you should keep/collect, I would really recommend you checking for the mold-color differences. In a lot of cases TW figures are very interesting IMO
    Last edited by Wbobafett; 10-28-2013 at 06:07 PM.
    snstay likes this.

Or you could just start out collecting everything like I did haha.
    I've sold Quite a few pieces now tho to fund my other Hobby's but yea Taiwan's are cool IMO
    Big L Rest In Peace!

my feedback :Feedback for Snake_Eyes_82

Thanks guys!! Very informative. Right now all my figures (loose) are from hong kong but i seen some from taiwan this past week end and was curious about the diffrences.

This info has just made my collecting alot more interesting!

Scott
    Last edited by snstay; 10-28-2013 at 05:44 PM.

HWR

Quote Originally Posted by Wbobafett View Post
    There is quite more "Taiwan figures" with mold-color differences
    There surely are, just made a few examples. The post was posted in a break at work, so only had time for these few examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Wbobafett View Post
    and: The TW Madine also exists with grey hair!
    That variation, I was actually not aware of. Does it have limbs molded in balck or gray?

Quote Originally Posted by HWR View Post
    That variation, I was actually not aware of. Does it have limbs molded in balck or gray?
    From my mind: Same as the green hair. Green hair seems to be comon europe and grey hair comon US release. I remember the time when the green hair was argued a discoloration, because all US guys had the same figure with grey hair .