Thread: Can you get a farmboy with circle variant DT saber graded?

Ensign

Can you get a farmboy with circle variant DT saber graded?

Heard the AFA still are not grading these yet, is that right?
    Also just want to check I have the correct figure, it should be a 3 line HK, right with brown facial features and belt, correct?
    And lastly, this is the real deal right?

Last edited by game_of_starwars; 10-24-2013 at 08:49 AM.

AFA will grade them, but they are marked "No Letter on Hilt" on the casing. I have one in my collection, but I'll wait until they put "Circle" something on the label. No letter doesn't do it for me.

Your colour looks right, as these tend to be brighter in colour and the circles are present. It looks good to me, but I am no expert.

I suggest you contact Bill McBride as he is the expert. He is very nice to deal with and was extremely helpful in verifying mine. Drop him a PM!
    Loved watching Empire with my twin daughters at the age of 3...funny how much they understand the movie when one yells "No no no that not him daddy!"

I was the one who originally documented this variation a few years ago. Since then,
    I've lost count of the number of examples that have turned up and been authenticated.
    To date, there are four main variants of the Circle saber. I wouldn't really say one is
    any more rare or desirable than the others. I can say that they are indeed more rare
    than the common DT saber, so that would be my preference over the two given a choice.
    The only reason they/AFA aren't using the "Circles" is probably due to a concern about the
    original term "Circles" or some kind of rights issue, who knows ?
    If you need help with an example, or need more info please PM me here, or send me an
    email

Bill
    Buying Rare and Unusual Darth Vader Items; Vintage and New
    Check out The Darth Vader Toy Museum at: www.sithtoys.com

Ensign

Hi Bill
    Thanks for sharing your knowledge. Could you say if my saber is an original? I am 99% sure but would be nice to hear your verdict.
    Also what Farmboy variant is correct for this figure?
    Thanks in advance

It's absolutely genuine, and appears to be the type 4 variation. The middle section bend or
    curvature is expected as well. (this is a fault due to the plastic, and is not external damage)
    From the examples I've seen, the early 3 line CoO would be correct. It also makes sense from
    a development/production process. These were the first production figures (sabers) made
    from the last series of development/test molds, so Kenner just ramped up production and
    burned through the molds to meet demand. (that's my theory at least )

Bill
    Last edited by Bill_McBride; 10-25-2013 at 11:34 AM.
    Buying Rare and Unusual Darth Vader Items; Vintage and New
    Check out The Darth Vader Toy Museum at: www.sithtoys.com

Ensign

Excellent news Bill, thanks again for your input and extra info. Really appreciated.