Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Detolf

Detolf

Okay guys, needs some info, what is the best and easiest way to move a Detolf? I'm worried it might shatter if I try to carry it horizontally or lean it at all, am I being paranoid?

My 2 year old bangs on our detolf all the time and it has so far stood up well. We moved it in a jetta and it survived. So they are pretty tough. The tempered glass helps.

They are much tougher than they look. As above my kids bang on them, into them.

They should be fine to move.

Quote Originally Posted by Deedzy View Post

I just started thinking on all my stuff in mine and got sick to my stomach looking at that photo.
    king_marvel on gentle giant collectors forum

My feedback http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1072337/

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by Deedzy View Post

That's good to know, thanks.
    "Look Sir, Droids"

okay good, I've seen videos of the detolfs shattering while being put together, of course they seem to be tightening the screws too much but it made me worry that it could shatter while moving them.....

Thanks

It seems the Detolf hasn't been restocked in my local Ikea for some time, Are they discontinuing them?

Commander

I have installed caster wheels under my detolf cabinet since the day that I assembled it.
    If figured I would need to move it around at some point in time to be able to clean
    the floor or corner of the room where it stands. Really helps but needs care when moving
    since the whole thing is top middle heavy thus might topple if pushed to hard or hurriedly.

the move went fine and the Detolf had no issues!

Lieutenant Commander

if youre on rug, take your collectibles and the three glass shelves out, and then just hold the top (the wood), and waddle it on its legs. easy enough. if you are on tile or hardwood, like myself, waddle it onto a soft blanket and then slide it along.. of course, push it from the bottom wood this time.. the base.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast