Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: OT Proud papa moment. Watching Star Wars for the first time with my little man

OT Proud papa moment. Watching Star Wars for the first time with my little man

The other day I had that moment we all wait for...I sat down with my little man and put in Star Wars. He's going to be two at the end of the month, and I just couldn't wait anymore. He has the Star Wars ABC and 123 book so he knows the characters. I shot a little video. He discovers the camera in the middle, but his r2 impression at the end is top notch.

IMG 0581 - YouTube

One proud daddy...

You both look like you're having a great time mate. My son is 6 now and we still watch the movies together but nothing beats that 1st viewing!

One day my boy will agree with me that Empire is the best movie by far.....

That is cool!

My son recently turned one and I have been wondering when would be a good time to introduce the movies. I would like him to have watched them in time for the new movies, so he can have the theater experience. I am not sure he will be ready in time.

We also have the ABC book, which I found a bit lacking so I have been supplementing the descriptions. Did they have to use Kaminoans for "K"?
    WTB - MR Falcon Signature Plaque

My Trade feedback

Quote Originally Posted by jeditopher View Post
    That is cool!

My son recently turned one and I have been wondering when would be a good time to introduce the movies. I would like him to have watched them in time for the new movies, so he can have the theater experience. I am not sure he will be ready in time.

We also have the ABC book, which I found a bit lacking so I have been supplementing the descriptions. Did they have to use Kaminoans for "K"?
    There is a color book from the same series coming out soon.

The other night he put on my cheap Vader mask and started making the breathing sounds. I was in heaven.

I have the old R2 phone and he drags is across the floor pulling it by the receiver saying, "Artoo walk."

Life is good.

Your a very lucky man, happy days mate, awesome stuff, its the simple things that are always the best, cheers
    -- Looking for Polish and Mexican bootlegs.--The Pablo Picasso's of the Star Wars universe.. WTB Jaws (movie) memorabilia and models.
    -- ''Blue and Gold will never fold'', Parramatta Eels Rugby League Club - Passionate life member..

Last night he was going through the house calling for Uncle Owen. It was hilarious.

I would love to get my kids to watch Star Wars but its a no go as they are all girls and god knows I have tried to get them to watch it over the years.
    Even my wife won't watch them although she did say on my next birthday we will all watch it together ;-) update a end of year.

Funny i should find your thread today.
    Last night for the first time my 3yr old son & i watched the first 20 mins of ANH without any major disruptions
    The highlight of the film were the droids, jawas & "rusty big bus"(sandcrawler) He has a fascination for Vacuums/teletubbies noo noo...so when R2 was sucked up by the sandcrawler he said "Again ,again!"
    I chose ANH as it was the first i saw as a child, hopefully we can watch all 6 before EpVII.

Snedders, i feel your pain my eldest, she is 8 and shows zero interest in the films. Although, she has come to learn most of the characters names to give her credit
    jcoffman99 and SithLord822 like this.

Lieutenant

Thats great. Congratulations on this landmark jcoffman.

What are your plans for the prequels? Jar Jar is probably pretty kid-friendly lol.

He actually caught a little of Episode I on Spike yesterday. He was mad there weren't any stormtroopers. Didn't seem too interested. We've now watched Empire a few times. He likes when R2 "spits" the water. Haven't shown him Jedi yet. Might be a bit much with the Rancor bit.

He's so in love with R2 my wife is actually telling me to go ahead and make a full sized one.
    Last edited by jcoffman99; 01-05-2014 at 10:58 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast