Thread: Tiny Death Star

Tiny Death Star

Tiny Death Star Announced - IGN

Tiny Death Star Announced From Tiny Tower dev Nimblebit.

by Justin Davis
    October 4, 2013

Disney Mobile today announced Tiny Death Star is in development for mobile devices. The game is being created by Tiny Tower and Pocket Planes developer Nimblebit. The brief, direct from Disney:

The Empire needs your help! In collaboration with LucasArts and Tiny Tower creators NimbleBit, Disney Mobile introduces Star Wars: Tiny Death Star, a new game for mobile devices. Live life on the dark side and join Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader on a mission to attract Galactic bitizens, run intergalactic businesses, and build an all-new Death Star. Construct unique Star Wars themed locations to attract iconic characters and species to your space station in this 8-bit style game. Star Wars: Tiny Death Star will soon be available worldwide.

The game sounds a heck of a lot like the uber-popular Tiny Tower but with players constructing, well, a Death Star instead of a generic pixel office tower. It's easy to envision Tiny Tower's super-accessible, super-cute, and super-addictive economic and time management systems given a new Star Wars coat of paint. Players can most likely expect to see a variety of general Empire citizens and buildings, peppered with occasional special star characters & Death Star rooms.

Although today's brief announcement doesn't specify, Tiny Death Star is most likely a freemium game for iPad, iPod touch, iPhone, and Android devices. No release date has been announced. In the meantime, check out this initial teaser image, confirming that Tiny Death Star will retain Nimblebit's trademark pixel art style:

TK/TB/CC-5400
    Check out my Collection
    Feedback
    Join the Anime thread!

Never heard of Tiny Tower. I'll have to see what it's about.
    -Your friendly neighborhood Stormtrooper Would like to trade 90s comic cards. Please PM me if you have any. I will be adding a list to my BST thread when I am done going through them all, finding what I'm missing, and finding what I have to trade.
    Looking to buy my first Sideshow figure. Help me out why don't ya? B/S/T Thread

Star Wars: Tiny Death Star Available Now - IGN

Star Wars: Tiny Death Star Available Now Build your own Death Star, dominate the galaxy.

by Mike Mahardy
    November 7, 2013

If the charm of Nimblebit's ultra-addictive Tiny Tower has worn off, don't worry –– the game's Star Wars makeover released today.

Star Wars: Tiny Death Star takes the "bitizen" management, free-to-play model of Tiny Tower and gives it a sci-fi sheen. Instead of building and maintaining a tower, this time you'll be constructing your own Death Star, complete with missions from Emperor Palpatine and visitors such as Chewbacca and IG-88.

The "freemium" model of Tiny Tower remains with Death Star, letting you pay, or wait for a few hours, to unlock Imperial "Bux" and credits to maintain cafes, movie theaters, apartments and Rebel interrogation rooms.

Tiny Death Star can be downloaded for iOS, Android or Windows for free; if you're in the sharing mood, be sure to head over to IGN's Tiny Death Star Wiki to provide tips, "Bitizens" and strategies.
    TK/TB/CC-5400
    Check out my Collection
    Feedback
    Join the Anime thread!

Tiny Death Star

I didn't see a thread for this, and given that it's pretty new I'm surprised; how does everyone like the Tiny Death Star game? I personally find it quite amusing. I love the little employees who you can give costumes and stuff; I got one called "T. Celchu" so I dressed him as a rebel pilot!
    Show your love for Imperial Commando 2!
    New figure wants: Zayne Carrick, Ben Skywalker, Anakin Solo
    Rerelease wants: Jacen and Jaina Solo

Emperor's Hand

3 threads down....

Oops. Not paying attention.

Eh, didn't see this thread. My bad.

I'm loving this game so far; the little details are awesome, and as someone over on TF.N noted, it's the first video game from an Imperial point of view since TIE Fighter came out!

Its a very cute little addiction.

i got addicted to it a few days ago, now my fiance is addicted, lol, great little game.