Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Sleepy Hollow

Sleepy Hollow

Anybody else watching this new series on Fox?

I caught the first episode and liked it.

Coz
    High Admiral

I thought it was pretty fun. I got to see the panel for the show at comic con and they aired the entire first episode. I'll give it a chance. But I get bored quickly so it will have to keep up the pace.

I liked it too...hopefully the second episode is just as good.

i liked this first episode. i was sort of shocked when clancy was killed within like 5 minutes. the scene at the graveyard where the horseman drew the shotgun and machine gun sort of was lame to me, dont know why i just didnt care for that but otherwise liked it.

Loved it!!! Cant wait to see more.

Quote Originally Posted by E_CHU_TA View Post
    i liked this first episode. i was sort of shocked when clancy was killed within like 5 minutes. the scene at the graveyard where the horseman drew the shotgun and machine gun sort of was lame to me, dont know why i just didnt care for that but otherwise liked it.
    I was shocked that major actors didn't even make it though the first episode. The Sopranoes wasn't even that brutal.

This looks like it could be a guilty pleasure show for me. It's kind of cheesy, and goofy, but it's got a kick *** headless horseman in it! The headless horseman is the only reason I checked this thing out in the first place.

yeah my only complaint was the use of guns by the horseman. you have a basically invulnerable demon with a magic scorching axe, you cant hurt him or do anything to him and now hes shooting at you. he cuts off heads, its what he does. now he pulls out guns like the terminator it just bugged me.

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo20 View Post
    I was shocked that major actors didn't even make it though the first episode. The Sopranoes wasn't even that brutal.
    my very first thought while watching it was (cool it has kurgan in it) and in just those few minutes he seemed like he was going to be a really cool character then they went to the barn and i was like NO WAY! that did not just happen. then cho showed up and im like wow didnt know he was in it eaither.
    and the priest who looked really familiar and seemed like he was going to be a cool character. im worried they may have gotten rid of some of the most interesting people in the first episode though.

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo20 View Post
    Those are "hooks" for the pilot episodes. They don't get credited or highlighted in marketing because they don't want people to believe they're going to be leads. They get hired by studios for pilots because they add some "weight" to the sales pitch for studios.

I think Clancy Brown will probably be back - flash-back, the recordings he made, etc - but it will be limited. I have nothing to support that, just a hunch. John Cho, I've already heard that 1) yes, he's very much dead (his character, anyway!), and 2) yes, he absolutely will be back.

There was another pilot last year that did the same thing. There was an actor that, when I saw him in the pilot, I said "Hey! I didn't know he was going to be in this!" and by the end of the episode, I said "Well, I guess I know why I hadn't heard about that." And I can tell you now, it's driving me absolutely nuts that I can't remember what show or actor it was! If I remember, I'll come back and share.
    You don't have to like it, you just have to do it.
    --Richard Marcinko

Bad Wolf Media - My public photo page

Quote Originally Posted by WarCry View Post
    Those are "hooks" for the pilot episodes. They don't get credited or highlighted in marketing because they don't want people to believe they're going to be leads. They get hired by studios for pilots because they add some "weight" to the sales pitch for studios.
    I figured they were loss leaders since the got smoked early on. I just thought Clancy would have stuck around longer than he did. SpongeBob can't be taking up all his time these days.
    Last edited by Diablo20; 09-22-2013 at 11:20 AM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast