Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Double Telescoping Obi Wan Kenobi

Ensign

Double Telescoping Obi Wan Kenobi

Just received my DT Obi today from AFA. Really not happy with grade of 80 that was given to him. All side from 2 small scrapes that are smaller than a pinhead on left hand and one small one on left. I've been researching conditions on current and past white haired obi's that are 80 and their hands are in terrible shape. This should have been graded an 85 at least on the research I have done. But,what a find! Thanks to the redneck who sold them to me in Ashtubula,Ohio. That's just one figure of a huge 1st movie lot I bought. Also came with Lukes am headset,Lukes blowup lightsaber,and tons of playsets and mint figures.

For DT's AFA is terribly hard on their grades. I've sent in 5 or 6 Lukes and all got 80's. On a Ben they are probably harder. (all non-dt's I've had 85's...)

High Admiral

I've been meaning to ask this question and this thread seems appropriate so here goes. Is there anything actually different about a Ben figure on a DT version? Ditto for Luke or Vader. I assume there must be some COO thing that they will reject and pocket the grading fee. Else why don't people buy a graded loose non DT version and swap the saber?

I'll take the Ben if you don't want him. Send me a PM on the price. You should post some pictures so we can get an idea of what you are talking about.
    My Feedback
    WTB SISE FROMM C9 MOC!!
    Any loose C9 Ledy's Does anybody on RS sell these anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by tapuvae View Post
    I've been meaning to ask this question and this thread seems appropriate so here goes. Is there anything actually different about a Ben figure on a DT version? Ditto for Luke or Vader. I assume there must be some COO thing that they will reject and pocket the grading fee. Else why don't people buy a graded loose non DT version and swap the saber?
    I imagine it is like a DT Luke, those offer no COO (early test shots) and 2 or 3 line HK COO.

If the saber is a standard release it could have a HK COO, but early test shots have no COO. I had a Vader I sold to Tom Derby like that back in the mid 90's.
    Last edited by SF1138; 09-18-2013 at 08:00 PM.

Yeah, would love to see some photos of this too.... Don't see many of these graded so it would be neat...

I thought you said you pulled it out of your attic from your childhood stash....

Also That is crazy fast to get it back from AFA... I mean you started you original thread on the 21st of August, thats if you sent it out then, then you got it back already.... thats crazy quick.... I guess AFA is getting things done faster....

AFA Turnaround times
    Last edited by Vaderlife; 09-18-2013 at 08:39 PM.
    Kevin_Lentz and Fettafari like this.
    My Feedback: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1101003/#post19204250

WTB: All types of Hoth Preproduction. Especially First Shots!

As rare as he is, I'm sure we'd all love to have one of these, be it an 80 or 85. I'd also be curious to see some close up pics now that you've had it graded.

Dude....how much did you pay to get this graded? You must have paid out the b utt to have this done as fast as you did. You should post the pictures in this thread that you have in your gallery.
    My Feedback
    WTB SISE FROMM C9 MOC!!

My Feedback
    WTB SISE FROMM C9 MOC!!

Quote Originally Posted by SeerDrakon View Post
    Prolly not the answer you were hoping for, eh Matt?
    SeerDrakon likes this.
    Those who don't step up, lemon juice in their nose -jedibabu.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast