Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Yak Face POTF seller does not have MOC!!!

  1. #1
    Moff SeerDrakon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Yak Face POTF seller does not have MOC!!!

    Watch out for this piece. This seller does not have this graded Yak. This same piece showed up three times on eBay yesterday with a 1 day bid time. As you can see the information on the auction does not match the information on the AFA label. The auctions from eBay cannot even be pulled up any longer as completed listings. I have seen this piece being sold 5 times in the last two months with the auction being pulled every time by eBay. Each time every seller had the wrong information on the listing. Just a heads up.

    POTF YAK FACE
    15637582
    AFA 80Y
    80 80 80

    Auction number 31074916...

    Star Wars POTF Carded Yak Face AFA 80 Stunning | eBay

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-PO...item5d441b7184

    Auction number for this one..400574607748
    Now there are 2.
    Last edited by SeerDrakon; 09-17-2013 at 06:55 PM.
    My Feedback
    WTB SISE FROMM C9 MOC!!
    Any loose C9 Ledy's Does anybody on RS sell these anymore?

  2. #2
    High Admiral BobaFett34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    South Walpole, MA

    •    
    wierd...sometimes people just list the wrong number, but yeah, clearly something's fishy here...good looking out, Admiral

  3. #3
    Midshipman
    Join Date
    Jul 2012

    Yeah I've been watching this, was watching it twice only for it to disappear with ebay stating invalid id number, now it's listed as being in London after originally New York with EXACTLY the same description, shame as it is a beautiful piece.

  4. #4
    Line Captain
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    This scam has been going on for about a year now. Someone keeps hijacking eBay accounts that have thousands of items and lists this yak hoping the seller won't notice due to the large amount of items. The description is always the same "stunning" and always had the same photo.

    always search the sellers other items for sale to see if there are other Star Wars items. If this is the only SW item the seller has among hundreds of other items for sale that is a pretty good sign it is a scam.

  5. #5
    Rear Admiral Fettafari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Slave 1

    I smell fish. Shady.

  6. #6
    Midshipman
    Join Date
    Jul 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by tamaman2 View Post
    This scam has been going on for about a year now. Someone keeps hijacking eBay accounts that have thousands of items and lists this yak hoping the seller won't notice due to the large amount of items. The description is always the same "stunning" and always had the same photo.

    always search the sellers other items for sale to see if there are other Star Wars items. If this is the only SW item the seller has among hundreds of other items for sale that is a pretty good sign it is a scam.
    Went for $3k highly likely a scam as the seller is actually based in Stockport, Cheshire and sells books, in uk pounds and all under 20

    So tell me, how does the scammer extract the 3 grand from the unwitting buyer?

  7. #7
    Fleet Admiral CraigMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York, NY

    And here it is again on another 1-day auction.
    Star Wars POTF Carded Yak Face AFA 80 Stunning | eBay

  8. #8
    Moff SeerDrakon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by CraigMac View Post
    And here it is again on another 1-day auction.
    Star Wars POTF Carded Yak Face AFA 80 Stunning | eBay

    We should see how many we can post on this thread. Holy crap. Notice the email in the listing changes every time.
    My Feedback
    WTB SISE FROMM C9 MOC!!
    Any loose C9 Ledy's Does anybody on RS sell these anymore?

  9. #9
    High Admiral
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    U.K.

    •    
    Quote Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
    So tell me, how does the scammer extract the 3 grand from the unwitting buyer?
    Yes I also wondered that!
    My Prototype Collection | WTB/WTTF Prototypes
    Looking for Luke Jedi protomolded figure with dark cape!!
    Looking for ROTJ & POTF first shot prototypes & protomolded figures!!

  10. #10
    Moff SeerDrakon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    My Feedback
    WTB SISE FROMM C9 MOC!!
    Any loose C9 Ledy's Does anybody on RS sell these anymore?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •