Thread: Need help/ advice/ info on completing my ROTJ carded collection

Need help/ advice/ info on completing my ROTJ carded collection

Last week I completed my 21 carded star wars figure run. I have about 20 ESB's moc's to go (no rush). I need just one ROTJ carded figure to complete the ROTJ run which includes alternate photo cardbacks. For the life of me, I cannot find a Emperor on an offerless card with a clear bubble. I passed on one with an offer a while back. I like the Anakin offer ROTJ's. Should I break down and purchase a common yellow bubble Emperor and have it be my only visibly yellowed bubble MOC?? I have a few others that would grade yellow, but that look clear to me.

Thoughts? Yes, I am a buyer too! This is more than a WTB post though. Why is this figure so tough?? I know 10 years ago there was a handful that came onto the market.

Also, what do you think a fair price would be if one came onto the market? I am talking a generally nice c-8 or above? I actually don't care too much about minor creasing on the card or at all if it's unpunched.
    Last edited by Tennyson; 09-14-2013 at 11:24 AM. Reason: grammatical error

For some reason, that particular figure is almost always yellow. If it was me, I'd say break down and buy a yellow bubble. I am of the thought that with that figure, even if it's a clear bubble now it will start yellowing in the next few years.

Non-graded clear bubble figures go for $100+ as opposed to about $50 for a yellow bubble.
    My collection
    Need High Grade Offerless ROTJ 65 Backs: Ugnaught, Jawa, Hoth Rebel Soldier - 77 backs: FX-7, Luke Bespin, Orig Leia
    Follow the 'Chive Cast on Twitter

Really tough to get in a clear bubble, good luck.

But if you really want a challenge try and get all 79 on ROTJ cardbacks with clear bubbles, it'll take a lot longer then a series collection, as the first 48 is where it get's really difficult with ROTJ figures.
    ROTJ/Revenge Focus Collector