Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: you be the judge

Fleet Admiral

you be the judge

I feel I got done wrong by a member here and I want to know what you guys think. Am I right or am I wrong? I will let you be the judge.

I really hate to bring this to rebelscum but I feel I have been left no other option. I have been on the hunt for a 12 inch box Vader for a long time. I wanted a real nice one. Almost no flaws. I saw a ad in the classified section for 12 inch figures and contacted the guy and he told me he had two nice Vaders after seeing one of them I decided to go with the more costly one because it was nicer. He sent me pictures and it look nice it was still in the afa wrap. He told me the price was 1200.00 so I go to the bank and get a loan for the money to get the Vader.
    I send him the money and ask if could help me out with the shipping. He then told me he got this really nice box and I will have no worries in shipping it should be fine. He wanted to know if I could paypal him 16 dollars for the box so I did. He sent me pictures of the figure in the box and the foam around the box everything looked good. I also ask him to mail it to my sisters house because not long ago there was a package stolen from my door step and I just didn't want to take any chances. So I wait for the Vader to arrive.
    The day comes and I go to my sisters house and I see this "BOX" in person that he says he paid 16 dollars for to be almost the same size as the AFA case the figure was in. from the picture he sent me it look like a good box but it was not---- far from it.
    Then.
    I turn the box around and the backside had a hole in it and I heard noise. My worst fears had happen. The AFA case had a big hole in it that I can stick my hand threw and a crack from top to bottom with a small hole at the top. I look at the figure and the cello has a very small hole or tear in it an there is a rip on the top of the flap. How could this get a AFA 85? I don't think this was caused by shipping.
    So I contact him on the spot.
    He said he would take care of me.
    By "taking care of me" He means to sell me another Vader at $450, or give me a $100 or for me to send him $450 worth of items for the other Vader. So. He wants me to spend more money on something that could happen again. Or take that little $100.

The picture of the Vader he sent me his face was facing *forward*. The Vader I got his face was turned *sideways*. I am not sure if that is the same figure at all. Maybe it is. But that is a red flag.

He was willing to sell another $1000 Vader to me for 450 taking a 550 lost but he can't just send me 300 and just me done with it?

I am very upset and he says I have every right to be but it is not his fault but he was the one who put it in this small***** box. It was asking to get damage.

In the end I feel I have been bent over backwards ram rod in the the you- know- what with a ten foot pole. I don't feel trying to sell me something else is "working with me."

I do admit I made the mistake in trusting him he would have the thing insured. He did not. AGAIN. He told me I had nothing to worry about everything will be fine. My mistake was trusting him at all. I am now out of 1200.00 that I got to pay the bank. The Vader itself is not that bad but it sure isn't what he told me it was. If I new about the tear on the top of the box I never would have bought it and I think it was always there. I call AFA and they are checking into it. I am not going to let this go. I have been as nice as I can be about it but my anger is starting to get the best of me.
    I had come very close to send the Vader back and saying F it and F you but what good would that had done.
    All I did was pay for something that he told me I would have no worries with. That is it that is all. I told him I didn't want nothing to go wrong in shipping or anything. He told me not to worry at all. I got the email to prove it too.
    He is not a man of his word. I ask him please don't do this to me. But he is. Lets work something out but he is not hearing it. How could someone sleep at night know that they really did a number on a person is beyond me. He is even hinted my sister or her son who wasn't even there at the time destroyed it. Why would I do such a thing for something I have wanted for so long? I did talk to some people and they said that both parties are at fault but asking for 300 back is more than fair.

So. What do you think?

troy patterson

The first thing I would do is go back and look at the original pics he sent you and match that AFA number up with the one he sent you. If they match then they are the same. Second, if you have PMs that say he is going to insure it but didn't then this is his fault and it is time to name and shame!
    Last edited by Vaderlife; 09-12-2013 at 09:52 AM.

Fleet Admiral

I ask him to help me out with the shipping cost because I was really trying hard to come up with the money. He ask me to send him $16.00 to cover the cost of the box he was going to ship it in. He said he would take care of the rest. Which I thought that meant insurance too. I never ever did say not to insure it. That would be crazy.
    troy patterson

Fleet Admiral

I don't have a picture of the AFA number. I saw the pictures and trusted him.
    troy patterson

Quote Originally Posted by troyig88 View Post
    I ask him to help me out with the shipping cost because I was really trying hard to come up with the money. He ask me to send him $16.00 to cover the cost of the box he was going to ship it in. He said he would take care of the rest. Which I thought that meant insurance too. I never ever did say not to insure it. That would be crazy.
    I don't have a picture of the AFA number. I saw the pictures and trusted him.
    There is the first problem you never explicitly asked if there was insurance on it. When shipping something for that large amount I dont care how much they say they take care of the rest you need to make sure you have in writing that there is insurance on it, OR are you not in the U.S. and asked for the customs declaration to be filed out with A LOT lower dollar amount thus rendering any type of compensation from the carrier useless..... Dont get upset at me but when you say "I ask him to help me out with the shipping cost because I was really trying hard to come up with the money" what I stated comes to mind.

If he sent pics of the higher graded one to you (the one you bought) then you should have one pic that you can see the AFA number on it...
    Last edited by Vaderlife; 09-12-2013 at 10:25 AM.

Fleet Admiral

By all means I will not be upset with what anyone thinks. I do take some of the blame for the insurance. My beef is when I saw the box. And how small the box was. Like I said it was asking to get damage. All I did was pay for a item he promise me I would be happy with and I had nothing to worry about and I would love the Vader.
    Those are things he said to me myself over the phone.

Then when it went wrong he said he would take care of me. Trying to make another sell is not the answer.

Thank you very much for reading. please let me know what you think. Right or wrong.
    troy patterson

Did you use paypal to pay them the $1200, and if so, gift or via invoice? You mentioned you used paypal for the $16 box, but I don't see mention of how you paid for the item itself.

By all means I will not be upset with what anyone thinks. I do take some of the blame for the insurance. My beef is when I saw the box. And how small the box was. Like I said it was asking to get damage. All I did was pay for a item he promise me I would be happy with and I had nothing to worry about and I would love the Vader.
    Those are things he said to me myself over the phone.

Then when it went wrong he said he would take care of me. Trying to make another sell is not the answer.

Thank you very much for reading. please let me know what you think. Right or wrong.

Well I think the guy was a complete idiot not to send it insured. I think he is more to blame as be should have used his head. However that doesn't excuse that you should have got it in writing that he sent it insured. Also didn't you say you saw it in the box he was shipping. He the seller should have also double boxed it.

Fleet Admiral

Wraped thank you for the question. Another mistake on my part. I didn't go threw paypal but only for the box. I wanted to avoid the big fee 1200 would have cost but now I wish I did. I sent him a bank check which I was told was the same as a money order.
    troy patterson

Fleet Admiral

I did ask to be double box. I am not sure if I said that to him or I emailed it.
    troy patterson

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast