Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: ICE Convention Root Beer Bottles?

ICE Convention Root Beer Bottles?

I was listening to the SW Action New Podcast this morning and noticed in the enhanced version a picture of the giveaways from the recent ICE Convention/Event in Seattle. At the back, I noticed three soda bottles and was wondering if anyone had more info on these.

One of my secondary hobbies is tasting/cataloging different brands root beer and was wondering if any of those bottles happened to be root beer. If so, I'd obviously be interested in picking up a couple from someone.

Any info either confirming or denying would be much appreciated.

**Oh and while we're at it - if you do have any very locally produced root beers in your area, shoot me a PM. That is all.
    Last edited by Pedro12345; 09-10-2013 at 09:21 AM.
    My collection
    Need High Grade Offerless ROTJ 65 Backs: Ugnaught, Jawa, Hoth Rebel Soldier - 77 backs: FX-7, Luke Bespin, Orig Leia
    Follow the 'Chive Cast on Twitter

•    
    Incoming PM!

Jonathan
    Who knows? In a thousand years even you may be worth something. - Belloq

They were homebrews with custom labels.
    Bill Cable - Steelers Fan & Star Wars Collector
    President - http://www.pswcs.com
    Executive Editor - http://CreatureCantina.com <----- funny!
    Artist & Writer - http://c7yb.com

They go into more detail later in the show on the bottles. 3 different beverages: Crossbow cider with Chewbacca on the label, Full Sail Barge IPA and Ewoks Root Beer. You can also go the the Galaxy of Toys facebook page to see more pictures of the bottles as well as a lot of the other give aways at ICE.

I didn't get a chance to taste the Cider or IPA....but man oh man, the Root Beer was fantastic! They really went all out on the brews. Wish I had another bottle right now!
    Uncle_Gundy, BradP and SABRESEDGE like this.
    Currently looking for Rebel Soldier, Nien Nunb, General Madine, Romba & Squid Head prototypes/pre-production items (Figural or Packaging)

Just went back and looked at it - must have been doing something during that part. Thanks for the info.
    My collection
    Need High Grade Offerless ROTJ 65 Backs: Ugnaught, Jawa, Hoth Rebel Soldier - 77 backs: FX-7, Luke Bespin, Orig Leia
    Follow the 'Chive Cast on Twitter

Rear Admiral

Sorry, I poured mine out.

High Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by creature View Post
    They go into more detail later in the show on the bottles. 3 different beverages: Crossbow cider with Chewbacca on the label, Full Sail Barge IPA and Ewoks Root Beer. You can also go the the Galaxy of Toys facebook page to see more pictures of the bottles as well as a lot of the other give aways at ICE.
    Wow, that is a ton of stuff I didn't know about. I live in Seattle but got too busy with life to go. Glad I scored a ICE Star though.

A little late to this thread...

The root beer was very good. I was lucky enough to get a taste at the party where it was being given away (and cracked mine open towards the end of the get together). The flavor was surprisingly complex and evolved from moment to moment. It started started with a kind of caramel, and then quickly drifted over to spearmint and licorice. It was a little stronger on the mint and licorice side, which I don't generally love, but there was enough caramel to provide some balance. The aftertaste was a little bitter -- mostly from lingering mint, I think -- but not aggressively so. If I remember correctly, it was sweet but not in a frightening, syrupy sort of way. I wouldn't have minded a third bottle...

All in all, good stuff.
    Hi, my name is Brian.
    My Feedback!
    Plastic Galaxy!

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by doc_atomic View Post
    A little late to this thread...

The root beer was very good. I was lucky enough to get a taste at the party where it was being given away (and cracked mine open towards the end of the get together). The flavor was surprisingly complex and evolved from moment to moment. It started started with a kind of caramel, and then quickly drifted over to spearmint and licorice. It was a little stronger on the mint and licorice side, which I don't generally love, but there was enough caramel to provide some balance. The aftertaste was a little bitter -- mostly from lingering mint, I think -- but not aggressively so. If I remember correctly, it was sweet but not in a frightening, syrupy sort of way. I wouldn't have minded a third bottle...

All in all, good stuff.
    That is the most detailed description of root beer I've ever heard. Here's mine: it was tasty. I was actually really impressed with the cider. I typically don't like cider but the small taste I had of this was fantastic. I say a small taste because after my wife sipped it, she swiped it from me. Boo.

-Bobby
    Broc and SABRESEDGE like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast